Author Topic: What's the Deal With the Border Protection Bill ?  (Read 19784 times)

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
What's the Deal With the Border Protection Bill ?
« on: February 08, 2024, 02:13:50 pm »
Seems like we wanted it.

Then we didn't want it.

I am particularly troubled by statements by people like Rand Paul who said it was done "in secret" and hidden from view.  Does that really happen in the senate or house where a bill is hidden from other house members ?

Then there is the optics of the GOP saying they want the bill (or many of them did) and encouraged the negotiations. 

Then Trump comes out against it. 

And suddenly things turn.

Even if it's not the case, the GOP senate certainly looks like a group of Trump lapdogs.

Seems we can't do enough to shoot our selves in the foot, arse, and head.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: What's the Deal With the Border Protection Bill ?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 02:27:02 pm »
It's a scam. 

Think about it.  Allowing 5K a day of illegal invaders?  That is basicallly precedent setting and saying (institutionalizing) that what these scum bags are doing is legal.

I hope the House holds the line, and kills the Senate Bill.  If we don't it is the beginning of the end.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 02:49:06 pm »
It's a scam. 

Think about it.  Allowing 5K a day of illegal invaders?  That is basicallly precedent setting and saying (institutionalizing) that what these scum bags are doing is legal.

I hope the House holds the line, and kills the Senate Bill.  If we don't it is the beginning of the end.

Could not disagree more.

You now have 100% of nothing.  You don't get a quota tha forces the president to completely shut the border.  You don't get extensions to the wall.  You don't get more border patrol agents (I have many friends who work in the Border Patrol who say the organization is very demoralized and has been for a long long time).  You get NOTHING.

With the bill you got something.  Somethiing you could later amend and build on.

Congratulations  Lot more than 5,000 a week now.

And you've pissed off a lot of people in the GOP. 

We are in danger of losing it all in 2024 and every move we make increases the liklihood of that reality.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 02:50:38 pm by HikerGuy83 »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 02:55:13 pm »
Could not disagree more.

You now have 100% of nothing.  You don't get a quota tha forces the president to completely shut the border.  You don't get extensions to the wall.  You don't get more border patrol agents (I have many friends who work in the Border Patrol who say the organization is very demoralized and has been for a long long time).  You get NOTHING.

With the bill you got something.  Somethiing you could later amend and build on.

Congratulations  Lot more than 5,000 a week now.

And you've pissed off a lot of people in the GOP. 

We are in danger of losing it all in 2024 and every move we make increases the liklihood of that reality.

Do you live in Texas like I do?  5K needs to be zero. I prefer not to capituate.  Your comprimise allows Pedo Joe, his toadies,and RINOs a toe hold to expand, and based in on newly legalized "illegal immigration"   There are a few hills that are worth dying over.  Keeping the massive hoard is one of them.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024, 03:00:33 pm »
Do you live in Texas like I do?  5K needs to be zero. I prefer not to capituate.  Your comprimise allows Pedo Joe, his toadies,and RINOs a toe hold to expand, and based in on newly legalized "illegal immigration"   There are a few hills that are worth dying over.  Keeping the massive hoard is one of them.

I live in Arizona. 

You ain't going to get zero or anywhere close to 5,000.  The GOP just voted to not expand the border patrol. 

And 5,000 is the threshold for completely shutting down the border....it's not an immigration policy.

As I said, enjoy your 100% of nothing.  Because that's what you just got.

Why would McConnell and the GOP even entertain a bipartisan discussion if they had no intention of following it.

They can't look any more stupid than if they tried....and they really seem to be trying.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 03:02:10 pm by HikerGuy83 »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2024, 03:34:21 pm »
I live in Arizona. 

You ain't going to get zero or anywhere close to 5,000.  The GOP just voted to not expand the border patrol. 

And 5,000 is the threshold for completely shutting down the border....it's not an immigration policy.

As I said, enjoy your 100% of nothing.  Because that's what you just got.

Why would McConnell and the GOP even entertain a bipartisan discussion if they had no intention of following it.

They can't look any more stupid than if they tried....and they really seem to be trying.

You really think that 5K number will stay 5K?  I've got some neat swamp land in FL, I'll sell ya real cheap.  There is no valid negotiations with the dims and RINOs., just capitualtion.

The fact you trust democrats is pretty disturbing.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 03:37:17 pm by catfish1957 »

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2024, 04:37:03 pm »
You really think that 5K number will stay 5K?  I've got some neat swamp land in FL, I'll sell ya real cheap.  There is no valid negotiations with the dims and RINOs., just capitualtion.

I'm not quite so sure why anyone these days would trust a DEM.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2024, 04:57:47 pm »
Future funding disbursement needs to be contingent upon verifiable Border Enforcement.

Dems and GOP Globalists cannot be trusted to enforce the laws they've been ignoring since 1986/1987.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2024, 05:53:56 pm »

Doing it your way ==> Less border patrol agents.

5000 is better that what we have now and we can always shrink that number.

This is nothing but a hatchet job orchestrated for campaign reasons.

I don't trust ANYBODY.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2024, 05:54:57 pm »
Future funding disbursement needs to be contingent upon verifiable Border Enforcement.

Dems and GOP Globalists cannot be trusted to enforce the laws they've been ignoring since 1986/1987.

And there you have it.

Where is the GOP on that one ?  No Where.

But we trust them ?????

Trust no one.  No one has earned it.

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2024, 06:21:48 pm »
And there you have it.

Where is the GOP on that one ?  No Where.

But we trust them ?????

Trust no one.  No one has earned it.

For that matter, and I'll state the obvious; BOTH parties have FAILED the American people.  Partisan lines have been drawn, stealing of elections, false accusations, and a party who allows them to get away with what they have. Leadership in both parties are corrupt as well as the DOJ.  So, you are right.  Trust no one, though I still trust a few in our Congress.

I trust the governor of FL; DeSantis and a few other governors. That's sadly about it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2024, 06:27:35 pm »
Doing it your way ==> Less border patrol agents.

5000 is better that what we have now and we can always shrink that number.

This is nothing but a hatchet job orchestrated for campaign reasons.

I don't trust ANYBODY.

Let me clue you into a tad of political strategery.......

Scenario 1-  Johnson and the House agree, 5K daily becomes legal and the standard. Legal  Illegical immigration starts, becomes institutionalized,  and never ends.  Becomes big political win for Biden despite already letting in millons.  Biden wins in November based on perceved but incorrect  improving economy, and border improvement

or

Scenario 2- House holds the line, and forces the dims and RINOs int only a bill that shuts the border tight.  NO exceptions. Or balking at it, with consequences.   GOP exploits this issue in the same way the sleazy dims do abortion.  Issue by November favors GOP, and GOP wins POTUS and down ticket.

Which of these seem preferable to you?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2024, 06:28:19 pm »
What the hell good is yet another law for the bastards to ignore?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2024, 07:31:53 pm »
But...But...it'll be doing something, WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING! even if the doing something actually doesn't do Jack or Sh!t, accept of course give the democraps another win where they parade around holding the GOPe's Balls.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2024, 08:02:46 pm »
Seems like we wanted it.

Then we didn't want it.

I am particularly troubled by statements by people like Rand Paul who said it was done "in secret" and hidden from view.  Does that really happen in the senate or house where a bill is hidden from other house members ?

Then there is the optics of the GOP saying they want the bill (or many of them did) and encouraged the negotiations. 

Then Trump comes out against it. 

And suddenly things turn.

Even if it's not the case, the GOP senate certainly looks like a group of Trump lapdogs.

Seems we can't do enough to shoot our selves in the foot, arse, and head.

That is a pretty roundabout way to say this is all Trump's fault, which is exactly what President Puddinhead said.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2024, 08:07:58 pm »

I agree with you @catfish1957. It's part of a pattern, over time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2024, 08:10:40 pm »
Thread moved to the appropriate Category.  This is not Arizona related.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2024, 08:12:57 pm »
For that matter, and I'll state the obvious; BOTH parties have FAILED the American people.  Partisan lines have been drawn, stealing of elections, false accusations, and a party who allows them to get away with what they have. Leadership in both parties are corrupt as well as the DOJ.  So, you are right.  Trust no one, though I still trust a few in our Congress.

I trust the governor of FL; DeSantis and a few other governors. That's sadly about it.

Both sides are in bed with the U. S. Chamber of Commerce and their demands for more cheap labor!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2024, 11:52:39 pm »
That is a pretty roundabout way to say this is all Trump's fault, which is exactly what President Puddinhead said.

Uh, no.

The GOP senators are adults and can account for themselves. 

If they turned because of Trump, that is on them.  Not him.

The fact that he shot off his mouth doesn't help.  But I don't blame him.

I think they are idiots.

And you can start saying Senator Gallego.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2024, 11:54:07 pm »

What the hell is the reason for pushing for a bipartisan law just to turn on it at the last minute. 

I don't disagree with your comment.

But you are ignoring that Turtle Boy and a bunch of them were encouraging a bipartisan deal. 

And now they look like fools. 

Get this....THEY WANTED SOMETHING.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2024, 11:54:43 pm »
I agree with you @catfish1957. It's part of a pattern, over time.

As is your pattern for totally being ignorant of context.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2024, 11:56:36 pm »
Let me clue you into a tad of political strategery.......

Scenario 1-  Johnson and the House agree, 5K daily becomes legal and the standard. Legal  Illegical immigration starts, becomes institutionalized,  and never ends.  Becomes big political win for Biden despite already letting in millons.  Biden wins in November based on perceved but incorrect  improving economy, and border improvement

or

Scenario 2- House holds the line, and forces the dims and RINOs int only a bill that shuts the border tight.  NO exceptions. Or balking at it, with consequences.   GOP exploits this issue in the same way the sleazy dims do abortion.  Issue by November favors GOP, and GOP wins POTUS and down ticket.

Which of these seem preferable to you?

2 is never never never going to happen.

So fold your arms and cross your legs and say no no no no.....

And we'll continue to get a lot more than 5,000 a week.

Happy ?  Hope so.  Because you could have something.  But you got NOTHING.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2024, 11:58:33 pm »
I'm not quite so sure why anyone these days would trust a DEM.  :shrug:

I don't know why anyone these days would trust anyone DEM or GOP ?

Kari Lake might have just handed a senate seat to a main-line left-wing asswipe marxist. 

And nobody seems to care. 

Maybe they can send her a thank you card after Gallego is sworn in.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2024, 12:36:03 am »
Biden Admin doesn't want to secure the Border; they want the money.  They will give lip service to securing the Border to get the money and to improve election optics for Biden.

The money is the leverage to secure the Border.  If they are given the money in one lump sum, they will get what they want; the GOP will have no leverage; and Biden Admin will continue the status quo.

When Biden hires more asylum judges, he gets SOME money.

When Biden makes progress clearing the asylum backlog, he gets SOME money.

Biden gets SOME money for meeting quantifiable and verifiable Border Security milestones and measures.  Play for Pay.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2024, 12:52:15 am »
Biden Admin doesn't want to secure the Border; they want the money.  They will give lip service to securing the Border to get the money and to improve election optics for Biden.

The money is the leverage to secure the Border.  If they are given the money in one lump sum, they will get what they want; the GOP will have no leverage; and Biden Admin will continue the status quo.

When Biden hires more asylum judges, he gets SOME money.

When Biden makes progress clearing the asylum backlog, he gets SOME money.

Biden gets SOME money for meeting quantifiable and verifiable Border Security milestones and measures.  Play for Pay.
Anybody that believes democrats or the lying POS Biden will ever uphold their part in any deal is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu0Bm_HfX-s&t=5s
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 12:54:54 am by GtHawk »