Author Topic: Trump could be forced to pay up to $450 million in two NY civil cases, ‘huge blow’ to ex-prez’s wall  (Read 2414 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
rump could be forced to pay up to $450 million in two NY civil cases, ‘huge blow’ to ex-prez’s wallet
By Social Links for Priscilla DeGregory
Published Feb. 7, 2024, 6:53 p.m. ET

Donald Trump could be forced to pony up hundreds of millions of dollars — dealing a “huge blow” to his wallet — even if he appeals his New York defamation verdict and a looming one in his civil fraud trial, experts said.

The former president stands to be on the hook for $370 million when a Manhattan judge issues a verdict this month in the fraud case brought by New York Attorney General Letitia James over the Trump Organization’s business dealings.

He was ordered by a Manhattan federal jury last month to pay sexual assault accuser E. Jean Carroll $83 million for defamation.

But even if Trump, 77, fights the verdicts and appeals, he would still have to front a potential $453 million total as an “undertaking,” or security, in the two cases, according to legal experts.

“If we’re to believe Trump’s claims about his wealth, posting an undertaking of this magnitude (plus interest) while the appeal is pending shouldn’t be a problem for him, financially speaking,” New York civil lawyer Melissa Levin told The Post Wednesday.

“However, if we consider the actual numbers and facts we’ve been privy to regarding how much he’s truly worth,” Levin added, “this could be a huge blow to the viability of his business and his personal financial stability.”

more
https://nypost.com/2024/02/07/news/trump-faces-huge-blow-if-forced-to-pony-up-hundreds-of-millions-in-ny-cases/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

This is E Carroll shouldn’t see a dime. I tried to find when the trial started what he said about her that would define defamation of character, and the only thing I could find is when he said she wasn’t his type

So if somebody says that someone of the opposite sex is not their type, they should have to pay out?

What’s wrong with somebody not being “your type?”

So, unless I’m missing some information, how the hell did the jury come to their conclusion
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 01:13:04 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

Right now and I think most of us saw this coming; the DEMS are dragging Trump through courts to drain his and his family's wallets, and wrap up his time in court making it difficult to continue on campaigning.  Unfortunately this is just the beginning....about 9 months till the election .... so much is up in the air and unpredictable.  I am absolutely certain of one thing; never ever underestimate the corruption and underhandedness of the leftists. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

Right now and I think most of us saw this coming; the DEMS are dragging Trump through courts to drain his and his family's wallets, and wrap up his time in court making it difficult to continue on campaigning.  Unfortunately this is just the beginning....about 9 months till the election .... so much is up in the air and unpredictable.  I am absolutely certain of one thing; never ever underestimate the corruption and underhandedness of the leftists.

I think it is highly likely that the appeals courts will throw it out entirely.

Online LMAO

I think it is highly likely that the appeals courts will throw it out entirely.

As do I

I have a sister who is an attorney in Florida, and not a Trump supporter in anyway, but she even agrees that that judgment was ridiculous it will probably be tossed out
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy