Author Topic: Dem Sen. Murphy: ‘Only Way’ to Solve Immigration Is if Dems Control Congress Like We Did Before and  (Read 1730 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem Sen. Murphy: ‘Only Way’ to Solve Immigration Is if Dems Control Congress Like We Did Before and Change Rules

Ian Hanchett 7 Feb 2024

On Wednesday’s broadcast of CNN’s “The Lead,” Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT) argued that “the only way that immigration ever gets solved as a problem is if Democrats are in charge of the House and the Senate,” like they were from 2021 to 2023, and “we change the rules, and we get something passed with a majority vote.”

Murphy said, “I think, for the time being, Republicans are never going to compromise on immigration. I think the only way that immigration ever gets solved as a problem is if Democrats are in charge of the House and the Senate, we change the rules, and we get something passed with a majority vote. I think Republicans can’t imagine a world in which the problem of immigration is solved. What would they do on their weekends if not drag the press down to the border to show off how broken it was? What would they do if they couldn’t complain about this as an issue? I don’t think they can live with a world in which immigration is solved. And so, for the foreseeable future, I, unfortunately, don’t see any world in which we resuscitate this compromise that so many Republicans said they wanted but then ran away from as soon as it was put on the floor for them.”

Murphy also stated that “we did actually see the Senate work for a short period of time when they weren’t sure whether Trump was still in charge. Right after Joe Biden got elected, we had a pretty unprecedented run of bipartisan achievement, the infrastructure bill, the gun bill, the CHIPS Act, the gay marriage bill. I know everybody wants to believe that this place is perpetually and fundamentally broken, but we actually passed a lot of good stuff for a two-year period of time.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/02/07/dem-sen-murphy-only-way-to-solve-immigration-is-if-dems-control-congress-like-we-did-before-and-change-rules/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

lol

There are some really dumb people elected to office

The border fell apart when they were fully in charge

What he really means is they will grant amnesty if they’re put fully in charge again.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
lol

There are some really dumb people elected to office

The border fell apart when they were fully in charge

What he really means is they will grant amnesty if they’re put fully in charge again.

The bill he worked on had several improvements in the right direction.

I don't see how your comments are supportable.

The dumb people we've elected into office are the morons on the GOP side who come out looking more and more stupid each time we do this.

In Arizona, Kari Lake just handed the Arizona Senate seat to a certified left-wing whack-job marxist in the form of Ruben Gallego. 

Real stupid.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 02:20:34 pm by HikerGuy83 »

Offline LMAO

The bill he worked on had several improvements in the right direction.

I don't see how your comments are supportable.

The dumb people we've elected into office are the morons on the GOP side who come out looking more and more stupid each time we do this.

In Arizona, Kari Lake just handed the Arizona Senate seat to a certified left-wing whack-job marxist in the form of Ruben Gallego. 

Real stupid.

I’m not in disagreement with what you’re saying here. And unfortunately, the GOP and Donald Trump just handed Democrats a gift.

But what kind of border deal do you think we would get if Democrats were put back to be fully in charge?  I believe if Democrats were to be put back in full control of the levers of government again, they would absolutely grant amnesty. And I do not believe they would try to secure the border. We went through this back in 1986.

The claim made by the senator was that the American people have to put Democrats back in charge of government in order to get the border solved. That’s what I was responding to.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 02:57:22 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
I’m not in disagreement with what you’re saying here. And unfortunately, the GOP and Donald Trump just handed Democrats a gift.

But what kind of border deal do you think we would get if Democrats were put back to be fully in charge?  I believe if Democrats were to be put back in full control of the levers of government again, they would absolutely grant amnesty. And I do not believe they would try to secure the border. We went through this back in 1986.

The claim made by the senator was that the American people have to put Democrats back in charge of government in order to get the border solved. That’s what I was responding to.

Thank you for clearing that up.

I certainly don't want the democrats in charge.

But we are not doing ourselves any favors by giving them ammo for this kind of platform.

Kari Lake's antics may have just handed Sinema's seat to a left-wing whack-job who is very popular with the left in AZ. 

If he is elected...I will cry....and I will blame Lake.

And McConnel and Johnson are just adding to the mess.

Offline LMAO

Kari Lake's antics may have just handed Sinema's seat to a left-wing whack-job who is very popular with the left in AZ. 

If he is elected...I will cry....and I will blame Lake.

Being that you’re more familiar with Arizona politics than  I am, what did Kari Lake do?

Barry Goldwater

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

Being that you’re more familiar with Arizona politics than  I am, what did Kari Lake do?

My apologies.

Just prior to the state meeting (held a week ago), she released a tape of the chair of the AZGOP attempting to "bribe" (her words which are not true) her to step away from the senate race.  This forced the chair out (he said she threatened to release other damning taped conversations....private conversations that she taped without their knowlege).  It was not a bribe, but the proposal was not handled well...I am not a fan of the Chair but he's the man (or was the man) running the show.

The tape was made 10 freaking months ago.

And now, as we are gearing up for the election she throws this wrench.

It stinks. 

She showed up at the convention and was booed (practically off the stage) and I know, personally, several of her supporters who said they are out (not supporting).

Total chaos.  She needed to heal....not pull this crap.

Waiting in the wings....Ruben Gallego....a member of the house....who is a left-wing crazy marxist who is pollling ahead of Lake as it is. 

Now.....f**k. 

Arizona is the laughing stock of the country.

Lake is turning out to be the worst parts of Donald Trump.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 03:31:33 pm by HikerGuy83 »

Offline LMAO

My apologies.

Just prior to the state meeting (held a week ago), she released a tape of the chair of the AZGOP attempting to "bribe" (her words which are not true) her to step away from the senate race.  This forced the chair out (he said she threatened to release other damning taped conversations....private conversations that she taped without their knowlege).  It was not a bribe, but the proposal was not handled well...I am not a fan of the Chair but he's the man (or was the man) running the show.

It stinks. 

She showed up at the convention and was booed (practically off the stage) and I know, personally, several of her supporters who said they are out (not supporting).

Waiting in the wings....Ruben Gallego....a member of the house....who is a left-wing crazy marxist who is pollling ahead of Lake as it is. 

Now.....f**k. 

Arizona is the laughing stock of the country.

Lake is turning out to be the worst parts of Donald Trump.

Yeah, that’s a seat that’s going to remain in Democrat control ***suicide***

Thanks for the information

Barry Goldwater

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Yeah, that’s a seat that’s going to remain in Democrat control ***suicide***

Thanks for the information

If she steps aside, she either gets another run at Hobbs (with a good chance of winning) or she takes on Kelly in four years.  The party was willing to work with her.

She's a walking conflict.

Every time I think of it, I want to barf.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Odd how the covert crowd keep assuring us that the best way to beat the democrats is to give the democrats total totalitarian control and that will defeat them.  Kinda like installing Communism as a one party rule.government.  That how dumbed down they really think we are!  Idiots are so easily duped.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@LMAO

Trump doesn't even hold a public office,yet his lives in your head 24/7,and is responsible for EVERYTHING that is wrong.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

Trump doesn't even hold a public office,yet his lives in your head 24/7,and is responsible for EVERYTHING that is wrong.

I don’t know if you forgotten, but Trump is running for president this year

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don’t know if you forgotten, but Trump is running for president this year

@LMAO

Trump is NOT the President,yet he is somehow behind every political and Presidential decision you don't like,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

Trump is NOT the President,yet he is somehow behind every political and Presidential decision you don't like,right?

You need to desperately expand your sources of information. you're letting your love for trump cloud your judgement

Trump put pressure on enough republicans to reject the recent immigration bill. The accusation is he did it so he can have the issue. Rightly or wrongly, that's how the democrats will frame it.  Trump and his GOP allies in congress gave the Democrats and Biden a gift.

This has been covered several times on this forum. But, like your belief that Trump chose Miley because his advisors told him, you cling to the narrative that Trump is the victim
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 06:57:35 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

It stinks. 

Thank you for adding that context.

I agree -- the 10 month delay and timed release just stinks.   But it's become something of a classic MAGA approach.  Demonize any Republicans that aren't 100% MAGA, and then after you get your way, say it was all just tough competition and we all must rally around any MAGA candidates.

Well, no.   I'm not really a turn the other cheek kind of guy when it comes to people who try to manipulate others to get their own way.  I'm petty and vindictive, and want to see those manipulators wrecked.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
You need to desperately expand your sources of information. you're letting your love for trump cloud your judgement

Trump put pressure on enough republicans to reject the recent immigration bill. The accusation is he did it so he can have the issue. Rightly or wrongly, that's how the democrats will frame it.  Trump and his GOP allies in congress gave the Democrats and Biden a gift.

This has been covered several times on this forum. But, like your belief that Trump chose Miley because his advisors told him, you cling to the narrative that Trump is the victim

It is one thing to oppose this specific bill, because it was a bad bill. But Trump went further than that by saying that Republicans should oppose any bill that doesn't 100% secure the border, and that's just wrong.  A 50% improvement that doesn't give up anything bad is something that should be supported.  But Trump clearly was saying that because he was worried a good bill would deprive him of his best issue.

The Democrats rightly are going to get some political mileage out of that.

Offline LMAO

It is one thing to oppose this specific bill, because it was a bad bill. But Trump went further than that by saying that Republicans should oppose any bill that doesn't 100% secure the border, and that's just wrong.  A 50% improvement that doesn't give up anything bad is something that should be supported.  But Trump clearly was saying that because he was worried a good bill would deprive him of his best issue.

And that will be tied into him saying that he hopes the economy crashes before the election so it bolsters his chances

I sleep well with my decision to not vote for president this year. The presidential campaign for 2024 is like a live version of "Grumpy Old Men"
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 08:39:19 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
@LMAO

So why is he shooting off his mouth about everything ?

And what's more the question.  Why the hell are they listening to him ?

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

Our idiot senate seems to be the endless gift to the left.

Offline LMAO

And what's more the question.  Why the hell are they listening to him ?

And this is what dumbfounds me. He’s been an election loser for the GOP and he’s not even a fundraising guru for them. In fact, he’s assisting in bankrupting  them.

He’s a paper tiger, and yet the Republicans are subservient to him

I don’t get the fear

Barry Goldwater

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And this is what dumbfounds me. He’s been an election loser for the GOP and he’s not even a fundraising guru for them. In fact, he’s assisting in bankrupting  them.

I don’t get the fear
Frankly, there are plenty of reasons not to send money to the GOP, based on their abysmal performance, serious lack of election reforms, failure to get funding for border security infrastructure, etc.

Where is the resistance?

Just not seeing it.

In the meantime, the egregious criminal nonfeasance and activity continues.

They couldn't muster enough votes to impeach Mayorkas, what bloody good is that?

And then want me to send money? But, like the Dems, blame Trump.

Where is the voice stepping up to compete? Nikki? Merde!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

I don’t get the fear

While I've never liked him, I voted for him twice.

And I stand by those votes.

Goruch
Kavennaugh
Bennett

But, he is not ideological.  He is an opportunist.

What I see now is someone who has learned how devoted people are to him and he is pushing and pushing the limits.

Frankly, I am fed up. 

Now, he is meddling in politics.  I can't wait to see what happens in Montana.  Right now, if Trump endorses, I am going to have to take time to talk myself into voting for that person.  His endorsement is like handing them a cement life preserver.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

I don’t get the fear

It's the greatest weapon on both sides. 

There have been books written and movies made about the irrational nature of fear and how nutjobs use it to whip the masses into the following them.

Seems like we are seeing a repeat.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying

Shhhhhhh.....

You are letting out a secret.......EVERYBODY already knows.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
3 years of so little change,if only Trump could be utterly defeated, and the elections reduced to only a one party rule can this nation have any hope in surviving.  The recipe that turned Russia over to a one party harsh, cruel tyrannic Country where the government could murder as many citizens as it so pleased, and so it did.  There's a high price for being willfully blind and lock-steppingly stupid.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions