Author Topic: Jussie Smollett Appeals to Illinois Supreme Court to Throw Out His Hate Crime Hoax Conviction  (Read 4407 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jussie Smollett Appeals to Illinois Supreme Court to Throw Out His Hate Crime Hoax Conviction

Alana Mastrangelo 7 Feb 2024

Hate crime hoaxer and disgraced actor Jussie Smollett is appealing his case to the Illinois Supreme Court in an attempt to try to convince the public that he really was attacked by homophobic racists during a 2:00 a.m. Subway sandwich run in Chicago in 2019.

Attorneys for Smollett are asking the Illinois Supreme Court to intervene in the disgraced actor’s case involving the false claims he made in 2019 about being a victim of a hate a crime, according to a report by Chicago’s WGN-TV.

In 2022, Smollett was found guilty of filing a false police report after he hired two brothers from Nigeria to stage a fake hate crime against him, in which the actor claimed two men wearing MAGA hats put a rope around his neck, poured bleach on him, shouted racial and homophobic slurs at him, and then yelled, “This is MAGA country!”

Now, the Empire actor’s lawyer has filed a request for the Illinois Supreme Court to look into the conviction on felony disorderly conduct charges, claiming the special prosecutor’s case threatens to upend non-prosecution agreements entered into by defendants and prosecutors.

“What should have been a straightforward case has been complicated by the intersection of politics and public outrage,” Smollett’s attorney Nenye Uche wrote in the filing. “The dismissal of the Petitioner’s charges, after his complete performance, was the result of a collaborative effort and agreement reached between the State and the Petitioner.”

As Breitbart News reported, Smollett was sentenced to 150 days in Cook County jail, 30 months of probation, pay a restitution of $120,106, and a fine of $25,000 in March 2022.

But the disgraced actor — who maintained his innocence throughout the trial, and shouted “I am innocent” and “I am not suicidal” as he was being hauled off to jail — only spent six nights in jail before he was freed pending this appeal.

Smollett last made headlines in December, when he was headed back to jail after an Illinois appeals court upheld his convictions and jail sentence.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2024/02/07/jussie-smollett-appeals-to-illinois-supreme-court-to-throw-out-his-hate-crime-hoax-conviction/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
150 days in the Cook Co Jail.   Dayum Juicey.  You are gonna be a big hit in that place.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It would be so wonderful if the court decided that he did not get 'enough' time, and extended his sentence.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

You gotta admire his commitment to the lie

Despite every single bit of evidence, and solid proof, that this didn’t happen, he still insist that it did
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Despite every single bit of evidence, and solid proof, that this didn’t happen, he still insist that it did
Medically it is called "persecutory delusional disorder". For more research see Joe Biden for "grandiose delusional disorder".
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 05:51:28 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DB

It worked for OJ...