Author Topic: Historian who correctly predicted almost every election winner since 1984 reveals who is likely to w  (Read 1305 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Historian who correctly predicted almost every election winner since 1984 reveals who is likely to win in 2024
By Aubrie Spady, Joe Schoffstall, Fox News   
Published Feb. 7, 2024, 2:18 a.m. ET

The “Keys to the White House” are being handed out, predicting President Biden currently holds a slight lead in a hypothetical 2024 matchup against former President Donald Trump.

Allan Lichtman, an election prognosticator who has correctly predicted nearly every presidential race since 1984, developed a formula that is used to make predictions about an upcoming presidential election – and in many cases, it proves to be accurate.

Lichtman’s “Keys to the White House” consists of 13 true or false questions that he believes establish a strong indication of who will be named the victor on the fall ballot.

Each question is asked about the two dueling nominees; if “true” they are given a “key,” and if “false,” their competitor receives the point.

Thus far, Biden holds five of the “keys,” while Trump was able to capture about three, Lichtman revealed to MarketWatch.
That leaves five keys still up for grabs, and enough room for the former president to secure a lead before November.

According to American University, where Lichtman teaches the “keys” are as follows: party mandate, contest, incumbency, third party, short term economy, long term economy, policy change, social unrest, scandal, foreign/military failure, foreign/military success, incumbent charisma, and challenger charisma.

more
https://nypost.com/2024/02/07/news/historian-allan-lichtman-predicts-trump-biden-2024-election-winner/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Polly Ticks

I wish the article had given a breakdown of all of the "keys" that he gave to each candidate.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online DB

If you want a measure of how bad the Republican candidate is, look at Biden... Biden still looks better than Trump to a lot of people. How could the bar be lower???

Online DB

I still think if Biden is moved aside by the powers that be a lot of people will be relieved and vote for that person because they hate both choices right now. Pretty pathetic state of affairs...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If you want a measure of how bad the Republican candidate is, look at Biden... Biden still looks better than Trump to a lot of people. How could the bar be lower???
Sounds like one helluva lot of people need glasses.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

In reality -- how much of what the news is feeding us these day is true?  I take everything with a grain of salt.

I believe Glenn Beck and his reporting ... Mark Levine .... very few others.  Local news seems to be fairly reliable but it is sensationalized.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

I wish the article had given a breakdown of all of the "keys" that he gave to each candidate.

The article leaves out quite a bit of information.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

In reality -- how much of what the news is feeding us these day is true?  I take everything with a grain of salt.

I believe Glenn Beck and his reporting ... Mark Levine .... very few others.  Local news seems to be fairly reliable but it is sensationalized.
I trust almost nothing I hear on the news, unless I was witness and they saw what I did. As a rule, it only gives me a place to start digging for the truth if I am so inclined. If the words "climate change" or "insurrection" are mentioned I assume it is lies and BS.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Smokin Joe

Can you  say "Ah hates rich peep-pulls!" class envy?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Correlation does not imply causation; past performance is not a guarantee of future results. See: the Redskins Rule.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
@Smokin Joe

can you say "boot licker?"

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Setting the proles against the bourgies is a Leninist tactic, old as the hills. But when NO ONE has been taught the evils of Marxism in practice in the last 50 years, what'd you expect.
Those who are historically ignorant (and they are Legion) will fall for the same crap the Russians did a century ago, and no one alive remembers it firsthand.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Setting the proles against the bourgies is a Leninist tactic, old as the hills. But when NO ONE has been taught the evils of Marxism in practice in the last 50 years, what'd you expect.
Those who are historically ignorant (and they are Legion) will fall for the same crap the Russians did a century ago, and no one alive remembers it firsthand.
The institutionally wealthy were getting drunk on power and influence for centuries before that. The rich have ALWAYS either been against the poor or only seen them as useful pawns to make themselves more powerful.

Inasmuch as Marxism was successful at one thing, it was at vengeance. It could topple the corrupt, but it required so much power to do so that it became corrupt itself.

Just because a solution doesn't work doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist.

Offline roamer_1

The institutionally wealthy were getting drunk on power and influence for centuries before that. The rich have ALWAYS either been against the poor or only seen them as useful pawns to make themselves more powerful.

Inasmuch as Marxism was successful at one thing, it was at vengeance. It could topple the corrupt, but it required so much power to do so that it became corrupt itself.

Close. It isn't the poor they want to destroy - It's the middle class - That extraordinary miracle that raises all boats... For the first time ever in history... Found only in western civ, and going all the way back to the Magna Carta. No bones about it. That's what they are aiming at, and that is what's at stake.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Smokin Joe

You just can't go  wrong if you  bet on human nature,and NOTHING is more powerful than greed and envy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@jmyrlefuller

Marxism  was ALWAYS corrupt. Marx himself most likly sincere,but that doesn't mean he wasn't a fool and ripe pickings for the control freaks that wanted to run a slave state.

With  them,of course,being the only  ones who weren't slaves.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Close. It isn't the poor they want to destroy - It's the middle class - That extraordinary miracle that raises all boats... For the first time ever in history... Found only in western civ, and going all the way back to the Magna Carta. No bones about it. That's what they are aiming at, and that is what's at stake.

@roamer_1

BINGO!

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

You just can't go  wrong if you  bet on human nature,and NOTHING is more powerful than greed and envy.
And the more reality is distorted, the more the sweat and hard work of those who enjoy a modicum of success is denigrated or denied, the worse that gets. The real exploiters are nowhere near those small businesses or shops, except to buy them out.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@jmyrlefuller

Marxism  was ALWAYS corrupt. Marx himself most likly sincere,but that doesn't mean he wasn't a fool and ripe pickings for the control freaks that wanted to run a slave state.

With  them,of course,being the only  ones who weren't slaves.

Karl Marx was so friggin worthless he let half of his own children starve to death because he REFUSED to work.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien