Author Topic: ‘Not Normal’: Over One Million Jobs Reported In 2023 Didn’t Actually Exist  (Read 2333 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Will Kessler
Contributor
February 06, 2024 3:27 PM ET
Font Size:

The federal government in 2023 overestimated the number of jobs in the U.S. economy by an average of 105,000 per month in initial reports, equating to a cumulative monthly difference of 1.3 million, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

The cumulative number of jobs reported each month was 1,255,000 less than previously thought, with new seasonal and census data affecting total employment estimates, according to data from the BLS calculated by the Daily Caller News Foundation. The huge downward revisions are in spite of a 115,000 upward revision in December, the only month that saw an upward revision to the employment level in 2023.

The biggest revision was for March, which was revised down by a total of 266,000 jobs, followed by January at 234,000 and April at 205,000, according to the BLS. The lowest downward revision was in November, with only 2,000, followed by 11,000 in October.

“Revisions are a normal part of the reporting process, but large changes, or adjustments that consistently move in the same direction, are not normal,” E.J. Antoni, a research fellow at the Heritage Foundation’s Grover M. Hermann Center for the Federal Budget, told the Daily Caller News Foundation. “Instead, they’re indicative of something problematic with the BLS’ methodology. That can happen when market conditions change drastically enough to be outside of the assumptions used in their models.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2024/02/06/one-million-jobs-reported-2023-didnt-exist/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Figures don't lie but liars sure can figure!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

There isn't any aspect of the federal government that isn't corrupt these days. They know what they initially report will make the news across the country and that the revisions will be buried by their pals in media. And no one is held accountable, so why not...

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
I don't believe any data or statistics released by the government anymore.  They're all lies and more lies.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
There isn't any aspect of the federal government that isn't corrupt these days. They know what they initially report will make the news across the country and that the revisions will be buried by their pals in media. And no one is held accountable, so why not...

:yowsa: Exactly!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 03:24:47 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

What do IRS W-2 and 1099 filings have to say?  Employed persons, working above the table, should have at least one of those for any given year.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 11:16:17 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Potemkin jobs"...

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

There isn't any aspect of the federal government that isn't corrupt these days.

This is what happens when government grows
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Falsification of records will get you instant termination in almost all companies in corporate America

In the Fedzilla world you get promoted. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

Glowing government economic reports have not  lined up with how people personally feel  about the direction of the country since the second half of George W. Bush’s term
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I mean hey it worked with making up fake voters, why not fake employees?
The Republic is lost.

Offline berdie

I mean hey it worked with making up fake voters, why not fake employees?

That's an excellent point. :laugh:

Online mountaineer

All employment growth has gone to the foreign-born. 183,000 fewer U.S.-born Americans are working than in 2019, before Covid. Yet, the number of immigrants (legal and illegal) working is up 2.9 million over 2019.

https://twitter.com/CIS_org/status/1757499410953429054
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org