Author Topic: Senate to vote on Plan B: Ukraine funding without border security  (Read 311 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Senate to vote on Plan B: Ukraine funding without border security 
by Alexander Bolton - 02/07/24 7:33 AM ET

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) plans to strip the bipartisan border security deal from the emergency defense spending bill, and bring a package funding the war in Ukraine, Israel, the Indo-Pacific region and humanitarian assistance to Ukraine and Gaza to the Senate floor Wednesday.

Senators expect the legislation to pass without the border security reforms that were unveiled Sunday and resoundingly rejected by most Senate Republicans.

Schumer still plans to hold a procedural vote on proceeding to the Ukraine and Israel funding package that includes border security reforms. That way, he can give vulnerable Democratic colleagues a chance to vote for it and argue on the campaign trail that they tried to address the crisis at the border.

But Republicans are expected to block that package — and then, Schumer said he will move to Plan B.

“Schumer has told Senate Dems he is planning to put the negotiated supplemental on the floor without the border security piece after the expected failed cloture vote Wednesday,” a Senate Democratic aide said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4452862-senate-to-vote-ukraine-funding-without-border-security/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Senate to vote on Plan B: Ukraine funding without border security
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 02:54:27 pm »
Chuckie and the DEMS will continue to push until they get what they want. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 04:26:32 pm »
Why should the American taxpayer have more of their earnings, investments, and savings confiscated by the US Government to secure the borders of Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan while it ignores America's borders, America's citizens, American nation security, and American sovereignty?

When I travel abroad, the first question I am asked by foreign custom officers is "When's your return flight home?"
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 04:40:19 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 11:46:05 pm »
I wouldn't trust this "revised" bill, either.

Read it carefully BEFORE voting.