Author Topic: Oakland locals saddened, disappointed after Kaiser warns staffers to stay inside at lunch over crime  (Read 313 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Oakland locals saddened, disappointed after Kaiser warns staffers to stay inside at lunch over crime worries
Story by Brian Flood • 17h

Break-ins and thefts affecting Oakland restaurant: 'We are fed up'
Locals in downtown Oakland are "surprised," "sad" and "disappointed" that Kaiser Permanente warned its employees to eat inside as crime continues to hurt business across Bay Area – but the same people who raised eyebrows at the warning admit crime is an issue.

Kaiser, headquartered in the California city, issued a memo to employees shared first by FOX KTVU, urging them to stay in their buildings for lunch after a string of robberies affected employees who ate at local businesses.

Kaiser, which is Oakland’s largest employer, said in a statement that the company "is committed to ensuring the safety and security of our employees and physicians across all of our locations. We continually monitor our environments for concerns, review our practices and strengthen them wherever possible."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/oakland-locals-saddened-disappointed-after-kaiser-warns-staffers-to-stay-inside-at-lunch-over-crime-worries/ar-BB1hSisy?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=fb1973595c184c33868b15af6dd074f8&ei=46
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Like every good liberal knows, Oakland's real crime problem is they still have too many cops on the street. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson