Author Topic: Blue city fentanyl-related deaths spiked to all-time highs last year  (Read 421 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Blue city fentanyl-related deaths spiked to all-time highs last year
Story by Emma Colton • 1h

I saved the world, but I'm not saving Seattle.
FOX News
It's a sad state of affairs in Seattle: Jonathan Choe
Seattle and the surrounding area recorded the highest number of fentanyl-related overdose deaths on record in 2023, data show.

King County, which encompasses Seattle, recorded the most fentanyl-related deaths ever in 2023, at 1,078 fatal overdoses. In all, the county recorded 1,318 deaths due to opioid and drug overdoses last year, meaning fentanyl was involved in more than 80% of overdose deaths last year.

So far this year, the county has recorded 58 fatal overdoses in January. As of Feb. 6, there have been a total of 78 confirmed overdoses related to opioids or alcohol poisoning, Seattle and King County's fatal overdose dashboard shows.

The database shows there are an additional 30 deaths this year that are suspected overdoses but still under investigation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/blue-city-fentanyl-related-deaths-spiked-to-all-time-highs-last-year/ar-BB1hUuEM?ocid=msedgdhp&cvid=9a53c66654864c33b9cac10a067d77e5&ei=23
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Blue city fentanyl-related deaths spiked to all-time highs last year
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 10:35:51 am »
If Seattle wants to help end this tragedy, they need to be more progressive, like Oregon, and make opioids legal.  The true liberal way to end crises is to make the problem more accessible to more people while doing away with the rule of law..
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Blue city fentanyl-related deaths spiked to all-time highs last year
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 02:32:56 pm »
If Seattle wants to help end this tragedy, they need to be more progressive, like Oregon, and make opioids legal.  The true liberal way to end crises is to make the problem more accessible to more people while doing away with the rule of law..

@rangerrebew

The irony is that would work because the users would take themselves out. As a bonus,welfare and other aid to de po budgets would drastically drop as there would be so many fewer applicants and payees.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!