Author Topic: Biden tells crowd at Black History Month event: ‘We will be back here next year’  (Read 172 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden tells crowd at Black History Month event: ‘We will be back here next year’
by Alex Gangitano - 02/06/24 6:38 PM ET

President Joe Biden holds hands with Vice President Kamala Harris as second gentleman Doug Emhoff watches as he speaks during a Black History Month reception in the East Room of the White House in Washington, Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2024. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)

President Biden told attendees at a Black History Month event on Tuesday that they will all be back in the White House next year, while thanking Black voters for their support in 2020.

“Look folks, we will be back here next year,” Biden said at the White House reception and the crowd applauded him. “And, this community is the reason why I’m standing here, this community.”

The president, standing beside Vice President Harris, added, “I am president and Kamala is vice president because of you. You’ve had my back and we’ve had your back and we always will.”

In 2020, Biden won 87 percent of Black voters, according to exit polls, and he has focused on Black voters in 2024, especially in states like South Carolina, North Carolina and Michigan.

The president said in his remarks that Black history in the U.S. is “shadowed by sinister forces.”

“Tonight, let’s focus on how we make history, not erase history, you know?” he said.

He called out Harris for making history as the first Black vice president and praised her for her job so far.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4452054-biden-tells-crowd-at-black-history-month-event-we-will-be-back-here-next-year/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

From the article…..

He called out Harris for making history as the first Black vice president and praised her for her job so far.

Oh, his dementia is worse than we thought

What has Harris done that’s been praise worthy since she’s been vice president? Beyond just being the first black, female vice president?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy