Author Topic: House clears way to advance impeachment articles of DHS Secretary Mayorkas  (Read 195 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House clears way to advance impeachment articles of DHS Secretary Mayorkas
Biden border chief has been heavily criticized over his handling of the southern border amid record numbers of illegal immigrants entering the US
 By Louis Casiano Fox News
Published February 6, 2024 2:25pm EST

House lawmakers on Tuesday cleared the way to advance an impeachment resolution against Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

The 216-209 floor vote came as the Republican-controlled House adopted the "rule" to manage the debate on the measure. The House then began debating two impeachment articles against the secretary.

"Secretary Mayorkas took an oath to protect our nation from all enemies, both foreign and domestic," said Rep. McCaul, R-Texas. "By refusing to enforce our nation’s laws, he has violated that oath — and every Texan knows it. An architect of destruction at our southern border, the secretary has caused serious injury to society, as the Founding Fathers discussed. I’m honored the speaker has given me this opportunity to use my experience as a federal prosecutor to stand up for our Constitution and the safety of the American people."

The resolution affirms that Mayorkas, "has willfully and systematically refused to comply with Federal immigration laws" by having repeatedly violated laws enacted by Congress regarding immigration and border security during his tenure.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-clears-way-advance-impeachment-articles-dhs-secretary-mayorkas
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34