Author Topic: Trump’s immunity fight heads to Supreme Court  (Read 309 times)

Online libertybele

Trump’s immunity fight heads to Supreme Court
« on: February 06, 2024, 08:23:27 pm »
I believe he's going to lose this fight; Roberts and Barrett will vote against him. As for the ballot issue ... I think they'll rule in his favor, at least I hope so.

Trump’s immunity fight heads to Supreme Court

A ruling by a federal appeals panel Tuesday determining former President Trump is not protected by presidential immunity in his election subversion case also propels the legal battle to get to the Supreme Court within days.

The ruling’s design essentially forces Trump to file an emergency appeal with the Supreme Court by Feb. 12 if he wants to keep his trial schedule on hold, which would help align with his strategy to delay any potential conviction until after November’s election.

Such an appeal would add a second historic Trump-related dispute onto the justices’ schedule; they will hear oral arguments Thursday about whether he can be disqualified from the ballot under the 14th Amendment’s insurrection clause due to his actions surrounding the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack.

The Supreme Court has yet to intervene in Trump’s criminal cases. But the immunity issue now presents an imminent vehicle for the justices, three of whom were appointed by Trump during his presidency, to get involved.................

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4450992-trumps-immunity-supreme-court/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.