Author Topic: New NORTHCOM, NORAD Boss Pledges ‘Relentless’ Homeland Defense  (Read 180 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New NORTHCOM, NORAD Boss Pledges ‘Relentless’ Homeland Defense
Feb. 5, 2024 | By Unshin Lee Harpley

Air Force Gen. Gregory M. Guillot took the helm of North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command during a ceremony at Peterson Space Force Base, Colo., on Feb 5. Succeeding Gen. Glen D. VanHerck, Guillot is now responsible for the 24/7 homeland defense mission.

“NORAD and NORTHCOM and their complementary missions are more imperative today than ever before,” Guillot said at the ceremony. “We owe the American and Canadian citizens that depend on us a relentless, disciplined approach to defending our homelands in all domains from all avenues of approach against all who intend us harm. Delivering that defense in today’s challenging environment is our commands’ no-fail mission.”

That mission is only growing tougher, Guillot said, in the face of competitors’ increasing capabilities.

“Today, the United States and Canada face an extraordinarily complicated and quickly changing strategic environment,” Guillot said. “Competitors can hold North America at risk in multiple domains from all avenues of approach and are increasing both their capability and their capacity to strike the homeland, either kinetically or non-kinetically, at a rate far exceeding the pace seen just a few years ago.”

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/new-northcom-norad-boss-homeland-defense/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: New NORTHCOM, NORAD Boss Pledges ‘Relentless’ Homeland Defense
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 03:13:16 pm »
Unless, of course, global goreing makes it too difficult, more work needs to be done on eco-friendly fuels, or there aren't enough gays, trannies, or people without a HS education to cover the positions.  We already know white, who aren't welcome in the service anymore, don't have enough people to cover it all either.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson