Author Topic: Iran-backed attacks in Middle East continue after dozens of US strikes  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Iran-backed attacks in Middle East continue after dozens of US strikes
By Meghann Myers
 Feb 5, 04:16 PM

The U.S. is still working on an assessment of infrastructure destroyed and people killed or injured after striking more than 100 targets across the Middle East over the weekend, but Iran-funded groups that have regularly attacked U.S. troops in Iraq, Syria and Navy ships in the region’s waters have not relented in the aftermath.

Militias struck twice in Syria, once on Saturday at Mission Support Site Euphrates and on Sunday near Mission Support Site Green Village, the Pentagon confirmed on Monday, in addition to a Houthi missile fired within hours of U.S.-U.K. strikes on their sites in Yemen.

“So they have capability,” Air Force Maj. Gen. Pat Ryder, a Pentagon spokesman, told reporters. “It would not be surprising to anyone if they attempt to conduct attacks in the future, but when they do, again, we’ll take appropriate action, as we have been doing.”

The Pentagon on Monday was still awaiting analysis on just how much the U.S. strikes on Iraq and joint U.S.-U.K. strikes on Yemen degraded these groups’ abilities to keep attacking.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2024/02/05/iran-backed-attacks-in-middle-east-continue-after-dozens-of-us-strikes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson