Author Topic: President Trump Says That He Wants To Debate President Biden Ahead of November's General Election -  (Read 941 times)

Offline American Girl

There aren't enough stimulants in the Universe to keep Biden lucid for an hour of debate.
Biden “has nothing else to do” himself, apparently; he spends half of his time at the beach.
https://www.rightjournalism.com/president-trump-says-that-he-wants-to-debate-president-biden-ahead-of-novembers-general-election-biden-responds/

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
If Trump refused to debate his GOP rivals because it wasn't to his advantage, I expect Biden to say/do the same.

Offline cato potatoe

If Trump refused to debate his GOP rivals because it wasn't to his advantage, I expect Biden to say/do the same.

Who knows.  Considering the margins in swing states, Donald probably got himself fired with that debate on 9/29/2020.

Offline Mod2

Moved to Elections 2024 category.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Golly look Wally, Trumps at it again, puffing up his chest and beating on it as if he's a tuff guy talking about wanting to debate Biden when he knows there's not a chance in hell of it happening, at least not until the democrats are ready **nononono*

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I have this suspicion that there aren't gonna be any "presidential debates" during the general election campaign this year. I could be wrong.

Actually, I think it's time to can the concept of these debates. They're not really "debates" and seem to accomplish little in any case.

I don't watch them.
Not interested.
I KNOW for whom I'll be voting.

Lately, I've been thinking that this is the last election -- national election, anyway -- that I'm going to vote in. I have no interest in voting for communists, and the Republicans seem incapable of mounting any real opposition to them.

It's time for a new party for traditional-minded Americans...

Offline Mesaclone

Trump refused because he was crushing Desantis in GOP polling. Biden, on the other hand, is behind in the polls. So the circumstance is quite different. That said, given that Biden is suffering from some sort of dementia, he'd probably be wise to avoid debates. But it looks good to have Trump calling for it and Biden refusing.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I never watch  these debates,but I don't see how I would be able to stop myself from watching THAT one!

Hell,I will probably record it so I can do more laughing later on.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Trump refused because he was crushing Desantis in GOP polling. Biden, on the other hand, is behind in the polls. So the circumstance is quite different. That said, given that Biden is suffering from some sort of dementia, he'd probably be wise to avoid debates. But it looks good to have Trump calling for it and Biden refusing.

The circumstances are different, but the rationale for the decision is identical -  "I'm not going to debate because it won't benefit me."  If Trump would have believed there was some benefit to debating DeSantis despite his lead, he'd have done it.   The concept of "you are obligated to debate to let the voters see you in that forum and draw their own conclusions" is not something Trump valued then, nor is it something Biden values now.

A bunch of us pointed out at the time that Trump's refusal to debate would bite him in the butt in the general election, when Biden would return the favor.  If Trump was able to say "Hey, I debated Republican rivals when I was far ahead just to be fair to voters.  Biden owes the American people the same respect", it might be more persuasive.

But he can't, because he didn't.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 02:03:41 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

The circumstances are different, but the rationale for the decision is identical -  "I'm not going to debate because it won't benefit me."  The concept of "you are obligated to debate to let the voters see you in that forum and draw their own conclusions" is not something Trump valued then, nor is it something Biden values now.

A bunch of us pointed out at the time that Trump's refusal to debate would bite him in the butt in the general election, when Biden would return the favor.  If Trump was able to say "Hey, I debated Republican rivals when I was far ahead just to be fair to voters.  Biden owes the American people the same respect", it might be more persuasive.

But he can't, because he didn't.

If Biden refuses a debate, MAGAs have no claim to make the “coward” charge
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

Trump should let DeSantis debate for him.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump should let DeSantis debate for him.

@Hoodat

WHY?

DeSanctimonious dropped out of the race when he couldn't raise single number votes.

Online Hoodat

@Hoodat

WHY?

Because he isn't afraid to debate anyone, and he is a much better debater than Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

Because he isn't afraid to debate anyone, and he is a much better debater than Trump.

Hell, Trump should have Gavin Newsom debate for him. Even with a poor record to defend, Gavin Newsom didn’t run away from debating DeSantis on a hostile to him network, with a hostile to him moderator
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Hell, Trump should have Gavin Newsom debate for him. Even with a poor record to defend, Gavin Newsom didn’t run away from debating DeSantis on a hostile to him network, with a hostile to him moderator

@LMAO

How did that  work out for  him?

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

How did that  work out for  him?

It didn’t

Newsome got his ass handed to him. But he was willing to debate. And Neither Fox News or Sean Hannity are allies of Newsome. But at least he had the guts to at least attempt to defend his record.

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

My hunch is that Biden will refuse.  One narcissist debating another with very little cognitive ability.  Joy!  The debate will backfire.

The last thing this country needs is Trump going ballistic on a sitting president.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
My hunch is that Biden will refuse.

Biden doesn't decide  to do,or not  do,anything.

He is a "Flesh Puppet" that has been trained to parrot words without even having  a clue  as to what  they mean.

From what  I understand,he was NEVER very  bright,but in the  last few years he has added severe  senility to natural  stupidity,and there ain't no  coming back from that.

He is NOT going to  debate anyone,period. If he pretends to do  so,it will be someone "in on the deal/steal" who is willing to allow Biden to have a receiver in his ear so someone can remind him of the correct answers to any question and tell him what to say when he forgets.

And the worse part about it is that everybody  in Congress and the US Senate know this,and nobody is talking about it  in public.  I have more  contempt for them than I do Biden.