Author Topic: Migrants Get More Money for Food Than New Yorkers Using SNAP Benefits  (Read 370 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Migrants Get More Money for Food Than New Yorkers Using SNAP Benefits
Story by Katherine Fung • 14h

Hundreds of migrant families in New York City will be getting more money for food than even some of the city's low-income residents.

The city is launching a new pilot program that will hand out pre-paid debit cards to 500 migrant families with children, Mayor Eric Adams announced on Monday. The mayor's office told Newsweek the program allots $12.52 per person each day, giving each migrant roughly $350 a month to spend on food and baby supplies—a figure more than the maximum allotment that low-income New Yorkers receive in Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.

Single households in New York are eligible to receive up to $291 a month, according to the state's website. SNAP benefits give "low-income working people, senior citizens, the disabled and others" money to purchase food products and do not apply to alcohol, cigarettes, tobacco, nonfood items like household supplies, foods eaten in stores and hot foods.

Like SNAP, the new cards being distributed to migrant families also have restrictions. Use is limited exclusively to local bodegas, grocery stores, supermarkets, and convenience stores to ensure that city funds are going to food and baby supplies. The mayor's office has stressed that the cards will act similarly to SNAP benefits and Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards and that the program is a "cost saving measure" that will save the city $600,000 a month.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/nutrition/migrants-get-more-money-for-food-than-new-yorkers-using-snap-benefits/ar-BB1hOUUw?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=4309e3a53a734421adacc7fa58b7a6d1&ei=131
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Migrants Get More Money for Food Than New Yorkers Using SNAP Benefits
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 11:09:34 am »
This is just a glowing example of how the politicians in the District of Corruption work, toil, and labor to take care of American citizens first. :bs:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online LMAO

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 11:54:06 am »
There is a silver lining in this

Any of these people are receiving welfare benefits are reliable Democrat voters. Democrats can easily ignore states like Texas when it comes to illegal immigration because Texas is a red state

But they can’t easily ignore the complaints of their  constituencies in a blue state

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 01:59:35 pm »

Any of these people are receiving welfare benefits are reliable Democrat voters.
Not necessarily. My understanding of Latino cultures is that it is the exact opposite of everything Democrats support and revere. The same with Muslim and Asian cultures as well. American Democrats do not realize how far-out and isolated they are in terms of the rest of the world. All of these first-world nonsense issues which the Democrats stand on are meaningless, even silly, to the illegals the Democrats are so desperate to import by the millions.

Democrats may be able to extort illegals with money for votes initially. But once the illegals from all over the world realize what American Democrats really are (degenerate perverts), they will no longer be able to vote for them even if they wanted to. More than just that, the Latino/Hispanic population in America is now large enough (thanks to Democrats) to run their own candidates. They no longer need pasty White elitists from the Ivy Leagues to 'so called' represent them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.