Author Topic: '60 Minutes' Cameras Catch Illegal Chinese Immigrants Pouring Into California: 'We Were Surprised'  (Read 203 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'60 Minutes' Cameras Catch Illegal Chinese Immigrants Pouring Into California: 'We Were Surprised'
Story by Rachel M. Emmanuel • 11h

When "60 Minutes" calls the situation at the border "unprecedented," you know it has to be bad.

A shocking video shot at an unofficial crossing point near San Diego by the CBS show's crew illustrated how easy it is for migrants to enter the country through a gap in the fence that borders private property.

The "60 Minutes" segment focused on Chinese citizens entering the U.S. illegally as part of a larger trend of border breaches, with Customs and Border Protection reporting apprehensions of 2.5 million illegal immigrants in the last year.

It was obvious from the reporting that even CBS reporter Sharyn Alfonsi was taken aback by what she saw.

"We were surprised to see the number of people coming through from China -- nearly 7,000 miles away," she said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/60-minutes-cameras-catch-illegal-chinese-immigrants-pouring-into-california-we-were-surprised/ar-BB1hPdaj?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=2c0b4f2a35d24a4f8ea67c19e75a90e9&ei=15
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

"We were surprised to see the number of people coming through from China -- nearly 7,000 miles away," she said.

Surprised, my *ss!  Does she live in another universe?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson