Author Topic: El Salvador's Bukele re-elected as president in landslide win  (Read 586 times)

Online mountaineer

El Salvador's Bukele re-elected as president in landslide win
« on: February 05, 2024, 04:47:22 pm »
El Salvador's Bukele re-elected as president in landslide win
Story by By Nelson Renteria and Sarah Kinosian
Feb. 5, 2024
Reuters via MSN
SAN SALVADOR (Reuters) -President Nayib Bukele on Sunday secured a thumping victory in El Salvador's elections after voters cast aside concerns about erosion of democracy to reward him for a fierce gang crackdown that transformed security in the Central American country.

Thousands of Bukele's supporters clad in cyan blue and waving flags thronged San Salvador's central square to celebrate his re-election, which the 42-year-old leader termed a "referendum" on his government.

Bukele declared himself the winner before official results were announced, claiming to have attained more than 85% of the vote. Provisional results showed Bukele winning 83% support with 31% of the ballots counted. ...

Guadalupe Guillen, a 55-year-old shopkeeper, showed up at the victory party dressed in a tunic and Arab scarf, a nod to Bukele's Palestinian family heritage.

"We are celebrating, thanking him, thanking God, for getting us out of this gang problem. We don't want to go back to that horrible past," said Guillen, who added she no longer pays $300 in extortion to the gangs every fortnight.

"Democracy is not at risk because all the people have voted for him," said Guillen, echoing the government's stance regarding concerns by Western countries of authoritarian drift under Bukele.  ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Re: El Salvador's Bukele re-elected as president in landslide win
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 04:48:01 pm »
BREAKING: Only minutes after polls closed in El Salvador, Nayib Bukele has won with close to 90% of the vote.
El Salvador's Trump will remain President for the next 5 years in a big blow to the radical left & gangs.
This is what happens when politicians deliver on their promises. The people reward them with overwhelming confidence.

https://twitter.com/BehizyTweets/status/1754284013995307023

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 04:50:12 pm »
Great.  A Pallie.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 02:56:29 pm »
President Bukele takes a victory lap after El Salvador becomes the safest nation in the Western hemisphere. He then tells foreign critics to go stuff it.

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1755420993349161269
Paul A. Szypula 🇺🇸
@Bubblebathgirl
President Bukele made El Salvador safe again.
He did it by actually pursuing violent criminals instead of releasing them like Democrats do in the US.
Good for Bukele telling his critics to go pound sand.
He’s saved his country.
10:06 PM · Feb 7, 2024

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024, 03:28:18 pm »
President Bukele takes a victory lap after El Salvador becomes the safest nation in the Western hemisphere. He then tells foreign critics to go stuff it.

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1755420993349161269

A huge blow to the left’s  claim that vigorous enforcement of laws and tough on crime measures does not bring down crime
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2024, 04:37:29 pm »
I know absolutely nothing about this fellow.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2024, 01:40:08 pm »
El Salvador president Nayib Bukele calls on the United States to abandon globalism and says “dark forces” are taking over America.

“If you want globalism to die here too, you must be willing to unapologetically fight against everything and everyone that stands for it. Fight for your freedoms, fight for your rights.”

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1760854235833606240

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2024, 01:40:48 pm »
Bukele speaks at CPAC. "Who elected Soros to dictate laws?"

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1760825837681537514