Author Topic: Students at California school struggling after $250K in federal funds spent on ‘Woke Kindergarten’ p  (Read 3268 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Students at California school struggling after $250K in federal funds spent on ‘Woke Kindergarten’ program
Brie Stimson
Sat, February 3, 2024 at 10:09 PM EST·3 min read

Students at a San Francisco Bay-area elementary school — where officials hired a for-profit company called "Woke Kindergarten" to train teachers — are continuing to struggle with some of the lowest math and reading scores in the state, according to a report.

The school spent $250,000 in federal funds provided by a program meant to help boost test scores for some of the country’s lowest-performing schools, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, but after two years with "Woke Kindergarten," students’ scores are reportedly worse.

In a 4% drop in both areas in the last two years, less than 12% of the students at Glassbrook Elementary in Hayward, California, can read at their grade level and under 4% are proficient in math, according to the Chronicle.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/students-california-school-struggling-250k-030928023.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How can they determine "grade level" in Mejifornia when they can't teach anything because everything is racist? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I'm going out on a limb here ... I bet the moonbat dingleberries didn't even bother to see if the company had a demonstrably positive track record at previous schools.

The only solution ... to eliminate the positions of the school administrators who hired these bums ... to make up for the wasted $250,000, and to free up another $250,000 to make up for two lost years of student progress.

I wonder if a responsibile administration could let the US Government Accounting Office to do a medieval forensic audit of the entire district's disposition of Federal funds.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline PeteS in CA

If government schools, regardless of the state, wanted to attack racism, they would teach children to read, do math, non-politicized Science, non-politicized non-racialized History, etc.. IOW, educate all so well that a company that discriminates against qualified ethnic minorities "pay" an "idiot tax" to their competitors in the form of the skilled and educated people the idiot company did not hire (basically the Booker T. Washington solution to racism - make blacks valuable to their communities - that angry vengeful "geniuses" like W. E. B. Du Bois rejected).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.