Author Topic: New York professor caught on video holding machete to reporter's neck reportedly fired after anti-Is  (Read 412 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York professor caught on video holding machete to reporter's neck reportedly fired after anti-Israel rants
Danielle Wallace
Sun, February 4, 2024 at 10:28 AM EST·4 min read

A New York professor notoriously caught on camera holding a machete to a reporter’s neck last year has reportedly been fired from her latest teaching gig after espousing anti-Israel views.

Shellyne Rodriguez, who was terminated last year from her position at New York City's Hunter College, was fired again – this time from her most recent role at Cooper Union in Manhattan.

"Cooper Union has fired me because of a social media post I made about ‘Zionists’… effective immediately," Rodriguez, 47, wrote in a Jan. 23 email to students, according to the New York Post. Cooper Union Students for Justice in Palestine shared the email on Instagram the next day.

"This is fascism. Ya’ll are learning about it in real time," Rodriguez wrote. "Stay strong, [stay] brave, stay defiant, don’t bite your tongue, and drink plenty of water! Pa-lante!"

https://news.yahoo.com/york-professor-caught-video-holding-152806751.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Alas!  Another leader of today's youth being wrongfully targeted. :3:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline goatprairie

C'mon folks...who among us hasn't held a machete to the neck of some irritating person? I demand justice for this person. 8888crybaby
But hopefully the next machete she holds to the neck of some person is made out of foam rubber.