Author Topic: Mike Lee: Senate GOP Needs ‘New Leadership Now,’ Border Bill ‘Disqualifying Betrayal’  (Read 462 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mike Lee: Senate GOP Needs ‘New Leadership Now,’ Border Bill ‘Disqualifying Betrayal’

BRADLEY JAYE5 Feb 20241,179

Secrecy, lies, and broken promises by Senate Republican leadership – resulting in a historical pro-migration border surrender – are irredeemable, Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) said Sunday in calling Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) to be replaced.

“Even while refusing to let us see the bill they claimed to be negotiating on our behalf—for MONTHS—they were never in doubt, insisting we’d be dumb and even unpatriotic NOT to support it,” Lee posted to X, outlining a leadership playbook employed by McConnell time and time again for years.

“This is a disqualifying betrayal.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/02/05/mike-lee-senate-gop-needs-new-leadership-now-border-bill-disqualifying-betrayal/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DB

McConnell has been way past "disqualifying betrayal" for decades. This is where the lesser evil got you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
McConnell has been way past "disqualifying betrayal" for decades. This is where the lesser evil got you.

8bs8

This is where dumb assed KENTUCKY voters got us! I had nothing to do with it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

Ryan James Girdusky
@RyanGirdusky
And there it is… what Sinema and Lankford swore wasn’t in the bill.

It guarantees that up to 1.8 million illegal aliens can come over our border before it’s an emergency

https://twitter.com/RyanGirdusky/status/1754295521177481658
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DB

8bs8

This is where dumb assed KENTUCKY voters got us! I had nothing to do with it!

I'll grant you that. I stand corrected...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'll grant you that. I stand corrected...

Now if you want to talk about the turtle's right hand man, John Cornyn, I do bear some (not lately) responsibility for that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
A crap bil completely dependent upon the whims of the Administration to enforce.  Worthless.