Author Topic: Speaker at MIT’s ‘Standing Together Against Hate' Event Endorsed Hamas Terrorism as Lawful 'Resistan  (Read 234 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Speaker at MIT’s ‘Standing Together Against Hate' Event Endorsed Hamas Terrorism as Lawful 'Resistance'

Alec Schemmel
February 5, 2024
In an attempt to ease campus "tension" following Hamas's Oct. 7 attack on Israel, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology is slated to bring a series of guest speakers to campus—including one who endorsed Hamas terrorism as an act of lawful "resistance."

As part of its "Standing Together Against Hate" initiative, MIT is slated to hold a March 18 talk on Islamophobia featuring Boston University antibigotry fellow Dalia Mogahed. While MIT says the talk will help "bring our community together" by addressing "real tension between some groups and individuals," Mogahed's hostile rhetoric toward the Jewish state suggests her speech will have the opposite effect.

On Jan. 19, for example, Mogahed argued that Hamas is allowed to terrorize Israel under international law because Palestinians are "living under occupation."

"It has been firmly established that resistance, including struggle against a colonial occupation force, is not only acknowledged under international law but explicitly endorsed," she said in a social media post. "International humanitarian law further solidifies this principle by expressly embracing acts of resistance for national liberation. … As an occupied population, Palestinians inherently possess the right to resist." Mogahed deleted the post after the Washington Free Beacon contacted her for comment

https://freebeacon.com/campus/speaker-at-mits-standing-together-against-hate-event-endorsed-hamas-terrorism-as-lawful-resistance/
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 03:10:09 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline goatprairie

I'm sorry, but the Palestinians are some of the most worthless people on Earth. There are other groups of people in the world who contribute diddly squat towards the benefit of the rest of the world, but they don't go around attempting to slaughter other people. At least most of them don't.
 Palestinians are nothing but perpetual troublemakers who take up space making them a huge negative.