Author Topic: Navy destroyers and jets took out at least 12 Houthi drones Friday  (Read 228 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy destroyers and jets took out at least 12 Houthi drones Friday
By Geoff Ziezulewicz
 Feb 3, 10:40 AM

U.S. Navy forces took out at least a dozen Iran-backed Houthi rebel air drones Friday, according to U.S. Central Command.

The intercepts came on the same day that U.S. forces began air strikes against Iran-backed militias in Iraq and Syria in response to Sunday’s fatal drone attack that killed three American soldiers.

At about 9:20 p.m. local time Friday, the Navy destroyer Laboon and F/A-18 Super Hornet fighter jets from the aircraft carrier Dwight D. Eisenhower took out seven Houthi drones over the Red Sea.

“There were no injuries or damages reported,” CENTCOM said in a statement. “These actions will product freedom of navigation and make international waters safer and more secure for U.S. Navy vessels and merchant vessels.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-navy/2024/02/03/navy-destroyers-and-jets-took-out-at-least-12-houthi-drones-friday/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Navy destroyers and jets took out at least 12 Houthi drones Friday
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 02:52:26 pm »
Oh, I feel sorry for them!  Our Commander in Chief has drawn a red line on retaliation, so I hate to think of what is coming. OMGGGGGGG
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 03:06:29 pm »
Look at the bright side. Our people are getting practice and learning new techniques at taking drones down. Hopefully new technology is also being tried and learned from.

In time there's going to be swarms of drones that will be very difficult to defend against. We better learn how to deal with that quickly.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 03:11:03 pm »
What about the rest of the drones and their operators?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.