Author Topic: Senate Bill Gives Ukraine 75 Times as Much Funding as U.S. Border Wall  (Read 184 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Senate Bill Gives Ukraine 75 Times as Much Funding as U.S. Border Wall

by JOHN BINDER 4 Feb 2024

A Senate bill would provide a measly $650 million to continue building a border wall at the United States-Mexico border while Ukraine would be sent $48 billion in American taxpayer money.

The bill, negotiated by Sens. James Lankford (R-OK), Chris Murphy (D-CT), and Kyrsten Sinema (I-AZ), would give Ukraine nearly $50 billion in U.S. tax dollars to defend its borders from Russian invasion.

At the same time, the bill spends just $650 million “to build and reinforce miles and miles of new border wall,” according to Lankford’s office. That funding is likely to build only a couple dozen miles of border wall.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/senate-bill-gives-ukraine-75-times-much-funding-u-s-border-wall-416835/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson