Author Topic: China 'carrier killer' doesn't pose threat to US aircraft vessel, 'confident' official says  (Read 334 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 China 'carrier killer' doesn't pose threat to US aircraft vessel, 'confident' official says
Story by Chiara Fiorillo • 15h

Rear Adm. Carlos Sardiello, commander of the USS Carl Vinson strike group, said US trained sailors "can operate these complex, contested domains," "be lethal and survivable" and "execute the mission regardless of what the threat is." He added that the US would be able to face even Chinese missiles.

He told a group of reporters earlier this week: "I am absolutely confident that the carrier strike group can execute the mission that it was designed to do effectively and safely." The comments came as Carl Vinson and fellow carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt conducted joint training with Japanese destroyer JS Ise in the Philippine Sea on Wednesday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-carrier-killer-doesn-t-pose-threat-to-us-aircraft-vessel-confident-official-says/ar-BB1hLjOs?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=6809c0b3eb274c29b0c61c88cecb722a&ei=72
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 10:37:45 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
On December 6, 1941 Pearl Harbor was safe from attack. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Rear Adm. Carlos Sardiello:
China 'carrier killer' doesn't pose threat to US aircraft vessel, 'confident' official says

Colonel John Sedgwick:
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

(last words before a Confederate sniper got him...)

Offline DB

It is highly likely a massive swarm of drones and/or missiles cannot be defended against.