Author Topic: Johnson says Trump is 'not calling the shots' for House on border deal  (Read 244 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Johnson says Trump is 'not calling the shots' for House on border deal
Speaker Johnson argued Biden could shut down the border 'overnight'
By Michael Lee Fox News
Published February 4, 2024 2:40pm EST

House Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., said former President Donald Trump is "not calling the shots" when it comes to how Republican lawmakers will approach a border security deal.

"He's not calling the shots. I am calling the shots for the House, that's our responsibility," Johnson said during a Sunday appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press." "I have been saying this far longer than what President Trump has, I have been saying what the requirements are to fix the problem. I don't care if they call the legislation H.R. 2 or not, what we're saying is you have to stem the flow."

Johnson's comments come as a bipartisan group of senators closes in on a border deal that Johnson has previously said is a "nonstarter in the House," according to a report from ABC News, arguing that the bill does not do enough to secure the border.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/johnson-says-trump-not-calling-shots-for-house-on-border-deal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Johnson says Trump is 'not calling the shots' for House on border deal
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 11:27:28 pm »
If only he were.

The House (and Senate) should have listened to Mr. Trump about the border LAST time 'round...