Author Topic: Trump predicts ‘changes’ to Ronna McDaniel’s leadership at RNC  (Read 391 times)

Offline corbe

Trump predicts ‘changes’ to Ronna McDaniel’s leadership at RNC

BY SARAH FORTINSKY - 02/04/24 2:08 PM ET

Former President Trump said in a Sunday interview that he expected to see “some changes” at the Republican National Committee (RNC), when asked about its chairwoman Ronna McDaniel.

“Sunday Morning Futures” anchor Maria Bartiromo asked Trump in an interview in Florida about Democrats having outraised Republicans to which Trump responded: “I have a lot of money.”

“And the money that they get, people are not looking at the RNC. They want — they want changes. I — you have to understand, I have nothing to do with the RNC. I don’t — I’m separate,” Trump said.

When Bartiromo asked Trump how McDaniel was doing, he responded: “I think she did great when she ran Michigan for me. I think she did OK initially in the RNC.”

“I would say, right now, there will probably be some changes made,” Trump added.

It was not the first time McDaniel has come under criticism from a GOP presidential hopeful.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4447518-trump-predicts-changes-to-ronna-mcdaniels-leadership-at-rnc/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Trump predicts ‘changes’ to Ronna McDaniel’s leadership at RNC
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 07:14:19 pm »
   Further proof Trump is not Stupid, Just Slow.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 07:19:07 pm »
Although she shares a chunk of the blame, so does he

There’s going to be a lot of soul-searching and fingerprinting after this election.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2024, 07:28:51 pm »
Somehow Ronna needs to be shown the door soon.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2024, 07:38:37 pm »
Somehow Ronna needs to be shown the door soon.

All they have to do is vote her out. She's already survived one attempt, because the collective Nat'l Committeemen and women continue to support her.

And they are elected at state convention, and the delegates to that are voted up from the District, County, and Precinct in most states.

In other words, we do this to ourselves.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 07:43:44 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2024, 07:42:01 pm »
Former President Trump said in a Sunday interview that he expected to see “some changes” at the Republican National Committee (RNC), when asked about its chairwoman Ronna McDaniel.

Just like he did after the 2016 election.  I hope Ronna enjoys being Trump's Chief-of-Staff.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2024, 08:44:26 pm »
If a political party wishes to "control the narrative" - in this case, advancing the language commonly used to define words and policies - they must have effective and accessible media voices by which their words and policies can be explained. But they also require candidates and elected representatives who are willing and able to do the same.   

The GOP as a political entity has long lacked both. We know who dominates the news media, and there are precious few Republicans among them. At the same time, many Republicans seem to lack an understanding of how and why they are being end-run, obscured and beaten.

Alternative media - such as TBR and Townhall - are indeed accessible, but nonetheless ineffective because the political party most likely to advance an agenda in opposition to the dominant cultural and social trends (again, the GOP), presently lacks the vision to comprehend the importance of messaging, language and media influence.Donald Trump owes much of his political success not to a comprehension of political science or for that matter: how government actually works, but rather to his willingness to transgress the rules established and enforced by his adversaries, most often expressed by him gleefully telling them all to go pound sand.

That's what many of us love about him. But in truth - it won't be enough. Especially if the Establishment GOP continues to act as though being a permanent minority party was their goal and that winning over new supporters was not as important as preserving their jobs.

For these reasons, if Donald Trump is to succeed in being elected again, he must be willing to fight not only the dominant news media, but also go over the heads of his own party and reach out to people who might not otherwise be inclined to support him - by telling the stories and providing a positive vision for America that the dominant media will not - but ones that his own party leadership seems to abjure.

For Trump to do so, he will need to veer substantially from his self-referential nature, and realize at age 77, that there are things more important than his own success -specifically: our survival as a free nation.   
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 01:01:35 am by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn