Author Topic: Scientific alarmism drives Department of Defense climate agenda  (Read 187 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Scientific alarmism drives Department of Defense climate agenda
« on: February 04, 2024, 04:48:44 pm »

Scientific alarmism drives Department of Defense climate agenda
Facts being 'hijacked' to 'advance political agendas'
WND News Services   By WND News Services
Published February 3, 2024 at 5:57pm

By Scott Sturman & Doug Goodman
Real Clear Wire

Executive Order 14057 justifies the Department of Defense’s (DOD) Plan to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions as necessary to counteract the existential threat of climate change. The program’s comprehensive and prohibitively expensive initiative proposes to transform the operational military by achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2045, purportedly on firmly established “science-based” targets that are validated by computer models and consensus within the scientific community. The plan's ambitious yet unrealistic goals, which are presented as an alarmist ultimatum, ignore the foundational principles of physics and battle-proven lessons of military history.

The Plan establishes emission objectives by determining “alignment with the scale of reductions required to limit global warming below 2°C above pre-industrial temperatures and to pursue efforts to limit warming to 1.5°C.” These emission reduction targets come directly from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s (IPCC) Net-Zero Paris Climate Accord. The IPCC is not a science based organization that conducts its own research but rather a governmental policy organization whose members are countries, not scientists, and whose representatives are bureaucrats who develop and promote international climate policy. The IPCC sponsors and filters climate science research generated from outside organizations to support its primary charter of establishing the man made causes and influences on climate change.

https://www.wnd.com/2024/02/scientific-alarmism-drives-department-defense-climate-agenda/
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 04:49:32 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson