Author Topic: 3 F-16 Crashes in 9 Months in Korea, But USAF Says Mishaps Are Unrelated  (Read 191 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
3 F-16 Crashes in 9 Months in Korea, But USAF Says Mishaps Are Unrelated
Feb. 1, 2024 | By Greg Hadley
Following the third crash of a U.S. Air Force F-16 in South Korea in nine months on Jan. 31, the head of the 7th Air Force released a statement saying the incidents do not appear to be related.

Some USAF flight operations have resumed on the Korean Peninsula after a brief pause, Maj. Gen. David Iverson added.

The latest crash occurred after the F-16 suffered an in-flight emergency over South Korea’s southwestern coast. The pilot ejected and was recovered safely within an hour of the crash and transported to a local medical facility for an assessment. The jet went down in the ocean.

The two previous incidents occurred May 6 and Dec. 11 last year. No personnel have been injured in any of the crashes.

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/air-force-f-16-south-korea-not-related/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: 3 F-16 Crashes in 9 Months in Korea, But USAF Says Mishaps Are Unrelated
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 04:30:08 pm »
It is comforting to know there is such "DIVERSITY" in causes of F-16 crashes! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson