Author Topic: Trump mentions Tim Scott, Kristi Noem when asked of VP pick  (Read 560 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump mentions Tim Scott, Kristi Noem when asked of VP pick
« on: February 04, 2024, 04:27:27 pm »
 Trump mentions Tim Scott, Kristi Noem when asked of VP pick
by Miranda Nazzaro - 02/04/24 11:01 AM ET

Former President Trump on Sunday further fueled speculation over his pick for a 2024 running mate, dropping the names of Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) when asked about who he is favoring.

Trump, in an interview with Fox News “Sunday Morning Futures” anchor Maria Bartiromo, was asked when he will announce his pick for vice president, to which he said, “Not for a while. We have so many great people in the Republican Party, but not for a while.”

Bartiromo further pressed the former president over how he is picking his running mate.

“Always it’s got to be one thing,” Trump said. “It’s got to be who would able to be a good president. I mean, you always have to think that because you know, a civil emergency…things happen right? No matter who you are, things happen. It’s got to be number one. Who’s your enemy.”

He further stated that there is “a lot of good people,” to which Bartiromo asked if Trump has not decided who it is.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4447320-trump-tim-scott-kristi-noem-vp-pick/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump mentions Tim Scott, Kristi Noem when asked of VP pick
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 05:05:07 pm »
Trump reveals criteria for running mate, name drops two top Republicans

Former President Trump revealed his criteria for a running mate on Sunday, but he told Fox News host Maria Bartiromo that he won't announce a vice presidential pick "for a little while."

Trump made the comments in an interview with Bartiromo that aired on "Sunday Morning Futures." He said the most important factor is to ensure his running mate would be able to step up and handle the presidency in the case of an emergency.

From the viewpoint that his VP would be able to handle the presidency, I don't think Scott has the experience needed yet.  Noem, absolutely.

OTH Scott would bring in the Black vote and Noem the female vote.  I'd say he needs the female vote more so than the Black vote.  Not an easy decision.  At least neither of them are a "Pence" type, which is a good thing.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 11:13:44 pm »
No to both of them.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 06:56:19 pm »
Elon Musk as VP.  Why not??? 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2024, 11:24:37 pm »
bele posts:
"Elon Musk as VP.  Why not??? "

Have to admit, I've been thinking the same.

I DON'T CARE that he isn't "Constitutionally qualified" -- posting before "the proctor posters" put that up.

No one seemed to care about obama being a natural-born citizen (which he ain't).
Or the same with Ted Cruz or Nimarata Haley.
Or kamala (sutra), for that matter.

Mr. Musk (like Mr. Trump) is one of the few public individuals who are speaking frankly in dangerous times.

And how many Congressional Republicans are doing that?
Look at how many in the Senate would have tamely gone along with the "border reform" bill if there hadn't been such public opposition to it.

I'd still like to see Rand Paul or J.D. Vance as "top picks".

But Mr. Musk is nearly as good as any of 'em.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2024, 01:30:31 pm »
Kristi Noem Would Be A Disaster As Donald Trump’s Veep
Noem’s record as governor showcases an executive more eager to please corporate constituents than Republican voters.
By: Tristan Justice
March 26, 2024
Former President Donald Trump said he is considering South Dakota Republican Gov. Kristi Noem as his vice presidential nominee for 2024.

“Kristi Noem has been incredible fighting for me,” Trump said on Fox News last month. “She said, ‘I’d never run against him because I can’t beat him.’ That was a very nice thing to say.”

Noem’s track record as governor, however, showcases a state executive more eager to capitulate to corporate constituents at the Chamber of Commerce and capitalize on the glamour of political stardom than governing on behalf of Republican voters.

Three years ago, Noem shot down a transgender sports ban that would have barred males from competing in women’s sports. She ultimately signed a similar bill a year later as she faced re-election in the deep red state, after spending the 11 months prior aggressively sabotaging the effort to please corporate interests. That sabotage included funding primaries against members of her own party who acted on their knowledge that men and women are different.

Noem initially rejected the legislation in response to a lobbying campaign from the South Dakota Chamber of Commerce. It formed a coalition to block the bill, alleging fear of reprisal from the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).  ...
The Federalist
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2024, 01:55:03 pm »
My bet's on Noem, since Trump's a sucker for eye candy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2024, 02:10:33 pm »
At one point in time, I would consider voting from Trump if he selected Noem.

With his latest 'bible' stunt -- I just can't and won't vote for him.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2024, 02:32:30 pm »
My bet's on Noem, since Trump's a sucker for eye candy.

Or Tulsi Gabbard, for the same reason

When it comes to Noem and Gabbard……   DAYUM!!!!!

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2024, 02:35:08 pm »
Or Tulsi Gabbard, for the same reason

When it comes to Noem and Gabbard……   DAYUM!!!!!

Agree., but I think he has enough advisors to tell him that already pissed off Conservatives might revolt wth that pick.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.