Author Topic: Members of the US Naval Institute say military branch is not ‘adequately’ prepared for a cyberwar  (Read 147 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Members of the US Naval Institute say military branch is not ‘adequately’ prepared for a cyberwar
'China is not a pacing threat, it is the threat being chased,' according to the report
Greg Wehner By Greg Wehner Fox News
Published February 1, 2024 10:12pm EST | Updated February 1, 2024 11:19pm EST

Jen Easterly, director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, warned about China's hacking threats Wednesday before the House Select Committee on the Chinese Communist Party.

Association members of the U.S. Naval Institute, believe that the military branch is trailing behind China’s advances in cyberspace operations, and if action is not taken, the branch will have "a very bad day" at the start of a cyberwar in 2026, according to reports.

In a piece written for the February 2024 issue of Proceedings, a publication for the U.S. Naval Institute, Retired Vice Adm. T.J. White, Retired Rear Adm. Danelle Barrett, U.S. Navy, and Cmdr. Jake Bebber, wrote that the Navy was not ready for the information war as it had not "adequately planned" for a time when the cyber and maritime domains of war intersect.

"The Russian invasion of Ukraine and the Hamas terrorist attacks in Israel underscore that operational planners need to prepare for information attacks by state actors as well as non-state organizations and civilians," the authors wrote, heeding a warning that the U.S. is not prepared for any cyberwar sparked, hypothetically, in 2026.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/navy-leaders-military-branch-not-adequately-prepared-cyberwar
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson