Author Topic: VA eyes more medical care for vets with toxic exposure issues  (Read 235 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
VA eyes more medical care for vets with toxic exposure issues
« on: February 04, 2024, 04:04:44 pm »
VA eyes more medical care for vets with toxic exposure issues
By Leo Shane III
 Thursday, Feb 1

Thousands of veterans who faced toxic exposure risks in the military may be eligible for expanded health care options through Veterans Affairs starting this March, under plans being finalized by department officials.

White House leaders last fall said they hoped to accelerate portions of the Promise to Address Comprehensive Toxics Act — better known as the PACT Act — passed by Congress in 2022 which expanded medical care and benefits eligibility for millions of former service members.

In the last 16 months, about 100,000 veterans have enrolled in VA health care thanks to provisions in the legislation, and more than 697,000 have received benefits claims approved.

But several other sections of the law were scheduled to be phased in over coming years, including language extending health care to all veterans stationed in Iraq after August 1990 or in Afghanistan after September 2001, many of whom were exposed to toxic smoke from burn pits.

https://www.militarytimes.com/veterans/2024/02/01/va-eyes-more-medical-care-for-vets-with-toxic-exposure-issues/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: VA eyes more medical care for vets with toxic exposure issues
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 04:06:40 pm »
Of course, it all depends on how much funding needs to be diverted to illegal alien needs first, and to bailout red states that have, or are going, belly up taking care of illegals. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: VA eyes more medical care for vets with toxic exposure issues
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 09:23:40 pm »
Are they 'eyeing" it or are they going to deliver it in a timely fashion?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis