Author Topic: Marine leaders drop ‘2030’ from name of ambitious overhaul plan  (Read 134 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marine leaders drop ‘2030’ from name of ambitious overhaul plan
By Irene Loewenson
 Thursday, Feb 1

In 2020, Marine Commandant Gen. David Berger unveiled Force Design 2030, his plan for getting his service ready for tough conflicts of the future.

The ambitious initiative has involved getting rid of tanks, cutting some artillery, and preparing Marines to fight in distributed groups equipped with new technologies.

Force Design 2030 has redefined the Corps’ trajectory in the first years of the decade. It has touched aspects of the service ranging from ammunition weight to combat medical care to swim training. It has kicked up controversy among some retired Marine leaders, who have lobbied against the changes.

And now, it’s called something slightly different.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2024/02/01/marine-leaders-drop-2030-from-name-of-ambitious-overhaul-plan/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson