Author Topic: Illinois: ‘Welcoming’ Programs Increase Cost of Illegal Immigration By at Least $2.2 Billion  (Read 174 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illinois: ‘Welcoming’ Programs Increase Cost of Illegal Immigration By at Least $2.2 Billion
By Margaret Flavin Feb. 3, 2024 4:00 pm135 Comments

The cost of Joe Biden’s broken border is unsustainable.

In Illinois, ‘welcoming’ programs have increased the cost of illegal immigration to the state by at least $2.2 billion over the last two years, according to a recent Wirepoints report.

The analysis of government grant reports, budgets, and other public documents tallied the costs of “free” benefits for the 35K illegals flooding the state.

More than $1 billion has been spent on health care costs, at least $120 million in FY24 for English as a Second Language (ESL) needs in public schools, and almost $900 million has been spent on housing, food, and legal resources.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/02/illinoiswelcoming-programs-increase-cost-illegal-immigration-least-2/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'll bet the "welcoming programs" before the 2000s didn't cost that much unless you consider deportation a welcoming program. :whistle:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 03:39:44 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson