Author Topic: TSA sparks privacy concerns amid plans to install facial recognition systems at 400 US airports  (Read 956 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/tsa-sparks-privacy-concerns-amid-plans-to-install-facial-recognition-systems-at-400-us-airports/ar-BB1hCOd2?fbclid=IwAR337vep7iDspELp8EWEGXTzCruh2QWBWlw5BTWqVHKf7NkKlrldAdrojsA

They claim it’ll tech-spedite the screening process.

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) sparked privacy concerns after unveiling plans to roll out controversial facial recognition tech in over 400 US airports soon.

“TSA is in the early stages of deploying its facial recognition capability to airport security checkpoints,” a spokesperson told The Post regarding the ambitious program. They explained that the cutting-edge tech serves to both enhance and expedite the screening process for passengers.

Dubbed CAT-2 machines, these automated identification systems accomplish this by incorporating facial recognition tech to snap real-time pictures of travelers.

They then compare this biometric data against the flyer’s photo ID to verify that it’s the real person.
Best of all, these CAT-scans enable “traveler use of mobile driver’s licenses,” thereby improving the security experience, per the spokesperson.

The TSA currently has 600 CAT-2 units deployed at about 50 airports nationwide and plans to expand them to 400 federalized airports in the future.

However, it could be a while before this mass rollout comes to fruition.

EXCERPT

What could go wrong?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online mountaineer

But for a possible trip to Boston next year, I'm pretty much done with flying. Shouldn't have wasted money on getting our passports renewed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
But for a possible trip to Boston next year, I'm pretty much done with flying. Shouldn't have wasted money on getting our passports renewed.

Me too.  I try to rent a car for trips 10 hours and under, or else ride the train.  The government and the airlines have destroyed the comfort, convenience, security, and safety of air travel over the past 30 some years.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online mountaineer

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
Trading freedom and privacy for convenience seems like a pretty bad deal in the long term.
6:59 AM · Feb 12, 2024

https://twitter.com/EvaVlaar/status/1757009959785791884
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Government has been building a facial recognitiion database since the 1990s when state Motor Vehicle Departments started using digitial photos for drivers licenses.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.