Author Topic: UK: 200 million unable to pay energy bills as costs soar  (Read 498 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UK: 200 million unable to pay energy bills as costs soar
« on: February 04, 2024, 11:53:36 am »
UK: 200 million unable to pay energy bills as costs soar
February 2nd, 2024|101 Comments

Over 200 million in the UK will be unable to pay their energy bills this winter, and the government is suggesting they purchase green housing or renovate their homes to be climate change friendly.

In an article at CURRENT News, the British independent charity organization Citizens Advice warns that over 200 million people in the United Kingdom will be unable to pay their energy bills this winter. Thus, their electricity and gas supply will be cut off. The organization revealed that in 2023, 1.7 million people disconnected at least once a month, and 800,000 people went more than 24 hours without gas or electricity.”

The situation is exceptionally grave. “On a national level, energy debt has hit a record £2.9 billion as households struggle to make ends meet and pay their essential bills.” In other words, their energy prices are skyrocketing, and many people can either eat or stay warm. Some have to opt for one or the other some days.

A few more points to note on this situation:

https://www.cfact.org/2024/02/02/uk-200-million-unable-to-pay-energy-bills-as-costs-soar/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=uk-200-million-unable-to-pay-energy-bills-as-costs-soar&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=uk-200-million-unable-to-pay-energy-bills-as-costs-soar
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: UK: 200 million unable to pay energy bills as costs soar
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 11:54:56 am »
What's the big deal?  So, a bunch of people freeze to death to save the planet.  It's a small price to pay. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 01:25:19 pm »
200 million people in the UK? Try  less than 70 million and get back to me.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2024, 02:32:29 pm »
200 million people in the UK? Try  less than 70 million and get back to me.

??? Hopefully you're joking....70 Million people freezing to death is ok? As prices continues to soar and the push for going green continues across the globe more people will encounter extreme hardships.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2024, 02:33:00 pm »
What's the big deal?  So, a bunch of people freeze to death to save the planet.  It's a small price to pay. :whistle:

Exactly.  No big deal.   *****rollingeyes*****

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2024, 04:53:26 pm »
??? Hopefully you're joking....70 Million people freezing to death is ok? As prices continues to soar and the push for going green continues across the globe more people will encounter extreme hardships.

I'm not making a joke of people freezing. I am pointing out that less than 70 million people live in the UK, :Not 200 million.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DB

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2024, 05:48:18 pm »

There are not 200 million people in the UK...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2024, 05:53:58 pm »
I'm not making a joke of people freezing. I am pointing out that less than 70 million people live in the UK, :Not 200 million.

Gottcha.   :blonde moment:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 05:58:51 pm by libertybele »