Author Topic: New Poll Spells Trouble for US Military Recruitment Woes  (Read 250 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Poll Spells Trouble for US Military Recruitment Woes
« on: February 04, 2024, 11:15:13 am »
New Poll Spells Trouble for US Military Recruitment Woes
Story by Rachel Dobkin • 13h

Anew Pew Research Center poll found that over half of adults under 30 years old have a negative view of the U.S. military, spelling trouble for already low recruitment numbers.

Last fiscal year, the military services collectively missed its recruitment goals by roughly 41,000 recruits, according to U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) official Ashish Vazirani. Vazirani, who serves as deputy under secretary of defense for personnel and readiness, called the issues causing the recruiting challenges "complex and multifaceted" in a December 2023 article on the DOD's website.

The Pew Research Center poll, which was published on Thursday, found that 53 percent of Americans ages 18 to 29 believe that the military has a negative effect on the way things are going in the country. Meanwhile, 43 percent have a positive view of the military. When looking at Americans ages 50 and older, seven out of 10 said that the military has a positive effect on the country. Additionally, 57 percent of those ages 30 to 49 also have a positive attitude toward the military.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-poll-spells-trouble-for-us-military-recruitment-woes/ar-BB1hJjHI?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=866a2fea65bb4811b974387252dda4c3&ei=68
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: New Poll Spells Trouble for US Military Recruitment Woes
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 03:39:06 pm »
We need to bring back the draft.

Who better to keep an eye on how the leftist Brass that are now running/ruining the military,than people who don't want to be there?

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!