Author Topic: Speaker Johnson reveals $17 billion Israel aid bill, says Senate 'will no longer have excuses'  (Read 818 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Speaker Johnson reveals $17 billion Israel aid bill, says Senate 'will no longer have excuses'
He called Democrats' opposition to his initial Israel bill 'misguided'
By Elizabeth Elkind Fox News
Published February 3, 2024 2:05pm EST

Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., is putting legislation on the House floor next week to give Israel $17.6 billion in emergency funding.

The timing is notable given that Senate and White House negotiators are expected to release legislative text this weekend for a border security compromise in addition to President Biden's $106 billion supplemental funding request for Ukraine, Israel, humanitarian causes and other issues.

In a letter sent to Republican colleagues on Saturday, Johnson criticized the House GOP majority's exclusion from those talks and argued they were not moving fast enough to help Israel in its war against Hamas.

"While the Senate appears poised to finally release text of their supplemental package after months of behind closed doors negotiations, their leadership is aware that by failing to include the House in their negotiations, they have eliminated the ability for swift consideration of any legislation," Johnson warned.
"Given the Senate's failure to move appropriate legislation in a timely fashion, and the perilous circumstances currently facing Israel, the House will continue to lead. Next week, we will take up and pass a clean, standalone Israel supplemental package."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/speaker-johnson-reveals-israel-aid-bill-senate-will-no-longer-have-excuses
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Somebody  remind me when we decided to adopt Israel as a dependent child?

I must have missed that one.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

Somebody  remind me when we decided to adopt Israel as a dependent child?

I must have missed that one.

Israel is one of our strongest allies, unlike Ukraine which we have given billions and billions to.

Ok, but what about the darn border????????
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Israel is one of our strongest allies, unlike Ukraine which we have given billions and billions to.

The House passed HB2, The Secure the Border Act, back in May 2023.  The problem is that the Senate Democrat majority won't support it, and Biden won't sign it.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/2/all-actions?overview=closed&q=%7B%22roll-call-vote%22%3A%22all%22%7D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 02:11:23 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

The House passed HB2, The Secure the Border Act, back in May 2023.  The problem is that the Senate Democrat majority won't support it.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/2/all-actions?overview=closed&q=%7B%22roll-call-vote%22%3A%22all%22%7D
Chuckie is supposed to force a vote on the border and Ukraine sometime this coming week.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/feb/01/when-senate-vote-mexico-border-ukraine-aid

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Chuckie is supposed to force a vote on the border and Ukraine sometime this coming week.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/feb/01/when-senate-vote-mexico-border-ukraine-aid

The bill the Senate is voting on isn't HB 2, and is likely to be far weaker.  HB 2 is/was a good bill, but some so-called conservatives in the House killed the best chance of getting it passed.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Don't  you mean that WE are their strongest ally? I can't remember Israel joining our side in any war we entered into.

Ukraine is MUCH more important to America security that Israel. All Israel does that benefits the US is kill off a few radical Arabs (and they killed them for Israel,not the US).

There is a chance that Ukraine will end  up being responsible for Russia giving up her quest to control the world militarily. Right now they are handing the neo-Soviets their asses,and while it cost us some money  to provide them with the military necessities,there are no  American soldiers being killed there.

@libertybele

Israel borders the US?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 03:18:57 am by sneakypete »

Offline libertybele

Don't  you mean that WE are their strongest ally? I can't remember Israel joining our side in any war we entered into.

Ukraine is MUCH more important to America security that Israel. All Israel does that benefits the US is kill off a few radical Arabs (and they killed them for Israel,not the US).

There is a chance that Ukraine will end  up being responsible for Russia giving up her quest to control the world militarily. Right now they are handing the neo-Soviets their asses,and while it cost us some money  to provide them with the military necessities,there are no  American soldiers being killed there.

@libertybele

Israel borders the US?

*****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****

Chuckie is forcing a vote on the spending bill this coming week, which I believe involves border security, funding for Ukraine and Israel.  OUR border comes first or at least it should @sneakypete

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
*****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****

Chuckie is forcing a vote on the spending bill this coming week, which I believe involves border security, funding for Ukraine and Israel.  OUR border comes first or at least it should @sneakypete

@libertybele

I couldn't agree more,but will note that anyone who doesn't see the collapse of Communism/The Neo-Soviet Union as a MAJOR step towards insuring America stays safe just ain't paying attention.

Not only that,but a HUGE amount of the feral budget that is now being spend for military defense can either be spent on other things we need,or our taxes could be cut because we would no longer have to finance those issues.

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

I couldn't agree more,but will note that anyone who doesn't see the collapse of Communism/The Neo-Soviet Union as a MAJOR step towards insuring America stays safe just ain't paying attention.

Not only that,but a HUGE amount of the feral budget that is now being spend for military defense can either be spent on other things we need,or our taxes could be cut because we would no longer have to finance those issues.

Taxes cut under DEM rule??? Notta. They are pushing for the destruction of this Republic and you think that those in power are going to give up their gravy train??

Insuring Americans stay safe?  Seriously .... take a look at our borders and the millions coming in -- terrorists, militants, rapists, murderers, gangs (hint they aren't here for a better life).

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Taxes cut under DEM rule??? Notta. They are pushing for the destruction of this Republic and you think that those in power are going to give up their gravy train??

Insuring Americans stay safe?  Seriously .... take a look at our borders and the millions coming in -- terrorists, militants, rapists, murderers, gangs (hint they aren't here for a better life).
Someone doesn't seem to remember what has happened almost every time democrats are in power....military is cut, taxpayer money is wasted on social program boondoggles and, oh yeah, taxes never ever ever go down because democrats only know how to push the up button.