Author Topic: Pro-Native American activists fighting to save indigenous traditions in nationwide war against woken  (Read 1364 times)

Offline libertybele

Pro-Native American activists fighting to save indigenous traditions in nationwide war against wokeness

From coast to coast, wokeness is facing a rebellion.

Communities are fighting to reclaim their local heritage after a cancel-culture rampage in recent years eviscerated Native American images, nicknames and tributes at hundreds of schools nationwide.

"We’re actually fighting an anti-American movement," Lisa Davis, a pro-Native American activist in Cedar City, Utah, told Fox News Digital.

"The people trying to erase Native American culture are the same people trying to remove Thomas Jefferson and bashing American heritage."

Davis and other Cedar City residents formed the grassroots organization VOICE (Voices of Iron County Education) after the school board voted to eliminate the high school’s traditional Redmen name and logo in 2019.

"It was an honor to be called the Redmen," Julia Casuse, a "full-blooded Navajo" and graduate of Cedar City High School, told Fox News Digital.

The silversmith said she tells visitors at the family’s shop, Navajo Crafting Co., "I’m a Redmen through and through."

The school's nickname is now the Reds. ..................

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/pro-native-american-activists-fight-save-indigenous-traditions-nationwide-war-wokeness
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Interesting

The wokesters probably believe they are doing good by the tribes on this issue. The wokesters get to feel good about themselves when they do this

But stories like these, were the left believe they are virtuous by taking trivial actions on behalf of others, remind me of this quote from CW Lewis

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under of robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber barons cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some points be satiated; but those who torment us for their own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Interesting

The wokesters probably believe they are doing good by the tribes on this issue. The wokesters get to feel good about themselves when they do this

But stories like these, were the left believe they are virtuous by taking trivial actions on behalf of others, remind me of this quote from CW Lewis

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under of robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber barons cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some points be satiated; but those who torment us for their own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Every Native sports mascot that has been removed from the Fighting Sioux to the Washington Redskins, has been removed at the demand of white liberals pushing to 'avenge' those poor natives who were not allegedly smart enough to know they were being offended.

Sure, they can always find someone who has been well indoctrinated to prop up as a poster child, but the power behind the campaign likely is not from the group allegedly offended.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

Every Native sports mascot that has been removed from the Fighting Sioux to the Washington Redskins, has been removed at the demand of white liberals pushing to 'avenge' those poor natives who were not allegedly smart enough to know they were being offended.

Sure, they can always find someone who has been well indoctrinated to prop up as a poster child, but the power behind the campaign likely is not from the group allegedly offended.
So why did KC get to keep it's "Chiefs" Moniker, but Washington lost the Redskins? I am asking a serious question.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline LadyLiberty

So why did KC get to keep it's "Chiefs" Moniker, but Washington lost the Redskins? I am asking a serious question.

Or the Braves vs the Indians?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Towns in my area are going b@t$h!t crazy renaming school teams to eliminate racism and colonialism.

The following team names have been on the chopping block recently ...

Warriors
Red Raiders
Colonials
Rebels

... the snowflakes are pulling a woke Taliban erasure of Native American history, culture, and existence.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I can tell you, nothing makes Latinos angrier than hearing the idiotic 'woke' Latinx.
Regardless of the intent, it is interpreted as if the 'woke' are making fun of them.
It is as if the 'woke' are trying to control and redefine their language and culture. <- which is exactly what they are doing
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I really couldn't say. The UND "Fighting Sioux" logo was designed by an American Indian, Bennett Brien, and had the approval of the Spirit Lake tribal Elders, and the 'fighting' part of the nickname was no slur for a warrior people.

The Redskins logo:

Was designed by 'Blackie' Wetzel, (another American Indian artist).
Blackie Wetzel was a Blackfeet tribal chairman and, for a time, the president of the National Congress of American Indians, an influential position in which he worked toward securing housing and job training for Native Americans.

The logo was a composite of portraits of a Blackfeet chief named White Calf (who was marketed to wealthy tourists of Glacier National Park as Two Guns White Calf). Blackie considered the logo a sort of “unification symbol” among Native Americans.
Source: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/dec/07/a-native-american-designed-washingtons-logo-now-his-family-want-it-back

So maybe they were only attacking American Indian artists' work.
According to: https://sportslogohistory.com/kansas-city-chiefs-primary-logo/

The Chiefs logo was designed by Lamar Hunt who was heavily involved in sports (and briefly of silver fame), and refined by Bob Taylor. I'm pretty sure Lamar is not American Indian, but correct me if I am wrong.

So, from those few data points, it appears the target is American Indian Logos designed by American Indians.

Remember, those woke folks got the Indian lady off the Land o' Lakes box, but they kept the land.

Hmmmmm. :pondering:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 08:52:01 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis