Author Topic: JUST IN: NATO Head Warns U.S. Security at Risk if Russia Defeats Ukraine  (Read 359 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
JUST IN: NATO Head Warns U.S. Security at Risk if Russia Defeats Ukraine
1/31/2024
By Laura Heckmann   

With Russia continuing its unprovoked war in Ukraine and members of Congress at loggerheads over whether to provide additional military aid to the besieged nation, the head of NATO warned the United States that Russian victory in Ukraine will embolden other malign actors to threaten American interests.

Jens Stoltenberg, NATO secretary general, painted an ominous picture of “dangerous times” and global threats “seeking to undermine” opportunity and prosperity and trample global rules “that keep us safe,” speaking at the Heritage Foundation in Washington, D.C., Jan. 31.

While he called China “the most serious long-term challenge,” he said Russia is the “most immediate one.”

“Putin has brought war back to Europe on a scale not seen since the second World War,” he said, “and is developing new strategic weapons to threaten the United States and its allies.”

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2024/1/31/just-in-top-nato-official-urges-us-to-consider-russia-most-immediate-threat
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: JUST IN: NATO Head Warns U.S. Security at Risk if Russia Defeats Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2024, 05:53:30 pm »
While this might well be true, I doubt his real concern is the security of the US.  His real concern for the US is how much money they continue to pour into what has been a mostly worthless institution without US support. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 04:20:24 pm »
Ya THINK????????

Dere juz ain't no slippin NUTTIN pass dose guys,iz dere?

I'm betting their next discovery will be that water is wet.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2024, 04:21:35 pm »
While this might well be true, I doubt his real concern is the security of the US.  His real concern for the US is how much money they continue to pour into what has been a mostly worthless institution without US support. :nono:

@rangerrebew

True,but don't be so quick that you throw out the baby with the bathwater.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2024, 05:17:09 pm »
@rangerrebew

True,but don't be so quick that you throw out the baby with the bathwater.

True, but that baby is 60 some years old now and it's time to grow up.  It's like so many other kids/adults these days who aren't capable of living on their own so live with their parents.  In this case, the taxpayers.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 05:18:22 pm by rangerrebew »
Thomas Jefferson