Author Topic: Less than half of young American adults view the US military positively, new poll finds amid recruit  (Read 275 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Less than half of young American adults view the US military positively, new poll finds amid recruitment struggles
Ella Sherman Feb 2, 2024, 2:45 PM EST

Americans ages 18 to 29 have expressed more negative views of the military than positive, Pew data shows.
Older Americans are more likely to be supportive of the military.
The new poll data comes as the US military continues to struggle to meet its recruitment goals.
Insider Today

The results of a new poll show that over half of America's young adults, 53 percent, have a negative opinion of the US military, a potential problem as the armed forces grapple with recruitment challenges.

The Pew Research Center reported Thursday that overall, 60 percent of Americans hold positive views of the US military, however, only 43 percent of adults in the US ages 18 to 29 expressed positive views.

https://www.businessinsider.com/poll-data-young-americans-tend-to-view-the-military-negatively-2024-2
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 03:22:20 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Older Americans are more likely to be supportive of the military.

I doubt this is as true today as it once was. The "WOKE" military of Milley and Austin is a completely different animal than the way it used to be.

Cpl Klinger | Klinger mash, Mash 4077, Classic tv

What used to be a joke is now revered and 'protected'. Klinger would be General in today's Army.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Much of the downfall of respect for America started with Lurch Kerry and his Viet Nam Vets of America.   Even with that, the military offered young people a different approach to life, taught discipline, and challenged young people to rise above the ordinary.  At least that was my own experience.

Now they are challenged to be more accepting of gays and trannies, be eco-warriors, be everything you can be in any other job, take mental abuse from democrats and rinos, be boarder babysitters, get blasted in some remote nowhere with no response, etc., etc.

Why would they think positively of that?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

What used to be a joke is now revered and 'protected'. Klinger would be General in today's Army.

Lol…

That is true
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy