Author Topic: Illegal migrants reportedly escaping NYC to California could be eligible for numerous free benefits  (Read 213 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illegal migrants reportedly escaping NYC to California could be eligible for numerous free benefits
Starting Jan. 1, illegal migrants were eligible to receive free health care benefits, Gov. Gavin Newsom announced
By Brianna Herlihy Fox News
Published February 3, 2024 9:00am EST

The suspected migrants should have been detained for allegedly attacking NYPD officers: Nicole Parker
Fox News contributor and former FBI agent Nicole Parker discusses the ‘despicable’ attack on New York City police and calls it ‘terrifying’ they ‘were let out.’

The four illegal migrants arrested and charged with violently attacking New York City police officers and released without bail have reportedly fled to California, a sanctuary state.

It’s unclear whether the Golden State will work with the state of New York to return the men to be prosecuted for their alleged crimes or whether the Department of Homeland Security will work to deport the individuals.

California law restricts state officers from assisting U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents in deporting migrants. There are also numerous taxpayer-funded programs from which illegal migrants generally can benefit.

Gov. Gavin Newsom announced in January California would begin providing health care coverage to an additional 764,000 illegal immigrants on top of the 1.1 million already in the Medi-Cal system, California’s version of Medicaid.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/illegal-migrants-reportedly-escaping-nyc-california-could-eligible-slew-free-benefits
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Getting free benefits for beating up NYC cops will most assuredly make the perps better people. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DB

Hey, that's only 2 million illegals on Medi-Cal... And those are only the illegals that signed up... We'll see how long this goes before the state goes bankrupt.