Author Topic: Calls grow to deport migrants who attacked NYPD officers in Times Square  (Read 196 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Calls grow to deport migrants who attacked NYPD officers in Times Square

By Marcia Kramer, Lisa Rozner, Christina Fan

Updated on: February 1, 2024 / 8:50 PM PST / CBS New York

NEW YORK -- As the NYPD continues its search for six more suspects, pressure is mounting to deport the asylum seekers accused of attacking officers in Times Square.

The NYPD says of the dozen migrants involved in attack on Saturday, six are still wanted. Six were arrested, but only one is in jail; the rest were released.

"These individuals who assaulted New York City police officers have no regard for the law ... If we're not protected, how are we going to protect the people in the neighborhoods," Police Benevolent Association President Patrick Hendry said.

Thursday, scores of Midtown South police officers were in the courtroom when a judge ordered 24-year-old Yohenry Brito held on $15,000 bail for second-degree assault and obstructing governmental administration. The Manhattan District Attorney says he's the man accused of starting the fight. Police say they identified him by the tattoo on his neck.

In court, he was wearing a shirt that said, "Work hard. Be kind."

https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/nypd-officers-attacked-times-square-migrant-shelter-arrests/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Calls grow to deport migrants who attacked NYPD officers in Times Square
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2024, 03:09:41 pm »
https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/politics-government/article285011627.html

Hochul calls for deportation of immigrants who beat NYC cops.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2024, 03:13:01 pm »
LOL... No regard for the law you say, what was the first clue??? It couldn't of been crossing the border illegally...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2024, 03:13:27 pm »
DEPORT ALL THE ILLEGALS - BUILD THE DARN WALL AND ARM IT!! 9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.