Author Topic: A shadow campaign: Is Ron DeSantis poised to step in if Donald Trump implodes?  (Read 1669 times)

Offline libertybele

I would love nothing more than to see DeSantis jump back in and be seated in the WH!  :patriot: :patriot:

A shadow campaign: Is Ron DeSantis poised to step in if Donald Trump implodes?

Gov. Ron DeSantis is back in Florida after his failed presidential run, but his mind still seems to be on Washington.

Since dropping out of the 2024 race on Jan. 21, DeSantis put out a pair of videos on the border problem, posted on X, formerly Twitter, that U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., should be deported and held a press conference to formally push for a series of amendments to the U.S. Constitution, including congressional term limits and requiring a balanced federal budget.

DeSantis’ recent focus on federal issues mirrors many of the talking points from his presidential campaign, which emphasized bolstering border security and reducing federal spending.

Anyone who listened to DeSantis’ latest comments and didn’t know he had dropped out of the race might think he was still running for president – and some analysts believe that may be precisely what he’s doing in the broadest sense.

There is still considerable uncertainty surrounding former President Donald Trump’s candidacy. Trump faces 91 felony charges spread across four criminal cases.

By continuing to insert himself into the conversation on hot-button federal debates, DeSantis could position himself to be in the mix if something happens to Trump’s campaign, political observers say, or to run for president again in 2028 or pursue still other opportunities in national politics.

“I would say he’s waging a shadow campaign to preserve his eligibility for a presidential run," said Gregory Koger, a University of Miami political science professor. "I can’t say whether his focus is on 2024 or 2028. Anyone can see Trump might be vulnerable and might not make it through the process, but that’s just an outside chance.”

DeSantis has run a shadow presidential campaign before.

While he didn’t formally announce his presidential bid until May of last year, DeSantis spent months touring the country last winter and spring, promoting his book, "The Courage to Be Free," in what was widely viewed as a run-up to his campaign............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shadow-campaign-ron-desantis-poised-213943284.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Stupid and suicidal if he were to do that under those circumstances

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Stupid and suicidal if he were to do that under those circumstances
I doubt DeSantis is doing this, my bet is this is just more mud thrown at him.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think this is actually  a pretty smart move to make by Dey Do Run Run.

He KNOWS the ONLY way he will have a chance of being President will be by him keeping his name and face in the news for doing pro-active things,or taking conservative stands on public issues.

If he had just gone back home to Fla and basically hid out until "campaign time" came around again,he wouldn't have a chance of getting elected.

This kind of stuff makes him an  automatic front runner.

Smart move as long  as he doesn't get carried away by his own ego again,and try to jump in front of Trump this go-around.

The ironic parts is that IF he had of managed to corral his HUGE ego this time,chances are he would have been offered the VP slot on Trump's ticket,and found himself sitting in the "cat birds seat" come election day.

Hard to claim that he will be successful given that at THIS point in time he is the only one we know of for a fact that plans on  running 4 years from now,but IF he plays it smart he just might get the job.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

So Ron DeSantis is waiting to swoop in to take over at the last minute for Donald Trump before the election. Just like Michelle Obama is waiting to swoop in and replace Biden before the election.

Conservatives love their conspiracies
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline kevindavis007

So Ron DeSantis is waiting to swoop in to take over at the last minute for Donald Trump before the election. Just like Michelle Obama is waiting to swoop in and replace Biden before the election.

Something tells me that Trump is going to implode but no one will take over. It is going to be a clusterf**k of an election.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline DB

There's no saving the election. People are bent on continuing over the cliff.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@LMAO

I have zero doubt that there are people planning on killing Trump if the "legal assassinations" plans fail and he gets released to run.

The left is beyond desperate.

Offline libertybele

Something tells me that Trump is going to implode but no one will take over. It is going to be a clusterf**k of an election.

Without a doubt.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

I think Haley will stay in as the only alternative WHEN Tumpy implodes.
A distinction without a difference, either way it goes.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think Haley will stay in as the only alternative WHEN Tumpy implodes.
A distinction without a difference, either way it goes.

@roamer_1

Why do you care,when the imaginary figure you support won't be running?

Offline LMAO

Trump imploding is more likely that Biden stepping down before the election

And if that happens, no one will want to throw their hat in the ring under those circumstances. I wouldn’t

Barry Goldwater

Offline kevindavis007

Trump imploding is more likely that Biden stepping down before the election

And if that happens, no one will want to throw their hat in the ring under those circumstances. I wouldn’t

Rest assured, he will not implode during the primary, but he is bound to implode during the general election.

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline kevindavis007

So how the heck does this work?  For instance Trump is unable for whatever reason to serve as president BEFORE the general election, the ballots have been printed etc.  Is there any way for the repubs to replace him on the ballot?

That is a good question, I think it has never happened in America before.

Offline libertybele

So how the heck does this work?  For instance Trump is unable for whatever reason to serve as president BEFORE the general election, the ballots have been printed etc.  Is there any way for the repubs to replace him on the ballot?

I am not sure, but I believe that he can give his delegates to someone else, and/or it would be decided at the Republican Convention based on the rules for this year?

As for actually getting onto the ballots after print, I have no idea.

Just a thought - DeSantis didn't technically drop out, he only suspended his campaign.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
@LMAO

I have zero doubt that there are people planning on killing Trump if the "legal assassinations" plans fail and he gets released to run.

The left is beyond desperate.
Why do you think it's the left that's going to do that? They've already shown they can beat him. Emergency powers, 2020 and such.

The only people who could possibly be desperate enough and disenfranchised enough to resort to that would be conservatives.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Why do you care,when the imaginary figure you support won't be running?

At this point I am not supporting anyone at the top of the ticket, imaginary or otherwise @sneakypete

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why do you think it's the left that's going to do that? They've already shown they can beat him. Emergency powers, 2020 and such.

The only people who could possibly be desperate enough and disenfranchised enough to resort to that would be conservatives.

@jmyrlefuller

Yeah,that must be why the left has already filed 90+ bogus criminal charges against him,huh?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
At this point I am not supporting anyone at the top of the ticket, imaginary or otherwise @sneakypete

@roamer_1

Sadly,I doubt you ever will.

The "perfect  candidate"  just doesn't  exist.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Sadly,I doubt you ever will.

The "perfect  candidate"  just doesn't  exist.

Not looking for perfect. Just looking for Conservative.
Which you ain't got at all, @sneakypete

I will see what the CP comes up with. Maybe I can vote the top of the ticket if they get something going, or some Conservative goes rogue.

I don't see why you think it is perfection to stand upon what you want. You ain't got what I want. Full stop. Not even close.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
@jmyrlefuller

Yeah,that must be why the left has already filed 90+ bogus criminal charges against him,huh?
Yet they keep filing them. And they have to see his numbers continuing to go up with every charge.

If there's one thing that any observer of American politics the past nine years knows, is that Teflon Don, the more reasons he has NOT to vote for him, the more Republicans WILL vote for him.

And really, why not? He's been the gift that keeps on giving for Democrats in 2018, 2020, 2022. And he was dumb enough to push through the CARES Act to fund all those lockdowns that they used to beat him.

The Republican Party is dying, and what's left of it has wed itself to Donald Trump. The Democrats know this, they know the rest of us are too few to have any say... and encourage it to marginalize and divide the opposition.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yet they keep filing them. And they have to see his numbers continuing to go up with every charge.

If there's one thing that any observer of American politics the past nine years knows, is that Teflon Don, the more reasons he has NOT to vote for him, the more Republicans WILL vote for him.

And really, why not? He's been the gift that keeps on giving for Democrats in 2018, 2020, 2022. And he was dumb enough to push through the CARES Act to fund all those lockdowns that they used to beat him.

The Republican Party is dying, and what's left of it has wed itself to Donald Trump. The Democrats know this, they know the rest of us are too few to have any say... and encourage it to marginalize and divide the opposition.

@jmyrlefuller

And YOUR solution,of course,is to stamp your little feets until this  changes?

Then  again,class envy IS  more important to jealous people than truth.

Offline roamer_1

That was brilliant!  :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline roamer_1