Author Topic: Chinese Nationals Caught Attempting to Infiltrate Pearl Harbor Military Base, Records Show  (Read 148 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chinese Nationals Caught Attempting to Infiltrate Pearl Harbor Military Base, Records Show
Fred Lucas / @FredLucasWH / February 02, 2024

Multiple Chinese nationals have attempted to infiltrate the Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam in recent years, new documents show. Pictured: The Pass-in-Review by the USS William P. Lawrence (DDG 110) as Pearl Harbor Commemorates the 78th Anniversary Of World War II Attacks at the Pearl Harbor National Memorial on Dec. 7, 2019, in Honolulu, Hawaii. (Photo: Kat Wade/Getty Images)

By the time police responded to a call shortly before 10 a.m. regarding a Chinese man and woman conducting surveillance near a security entrance of the historic Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam, the two fled in what police identified as a 2021 silver Nissan Altima, with unidentified plates.

The two suspects had been “capturing digital media of the entry control point,” police said. Later that afternoon the pair–a man with a black crew cut and the woman with shoulder-length hair, a pink top, and a white skirt–appeared at another entry point. Police issued a “BOLO,” or “be-on-the-lookout,” notice for the two at all base entrances.

This Sept. 29 incident represents just one of at least 14 instances since 2018 of Chinese nationals spotted attempting to either gain entry into the Pearl Harbor base or conduct surveillance, according to records obtained by The Heritage Foundation’s Oversight Project. (The Daily Signal is the news outlet of The Heritage Foundation.)

The base—best known for being attacked by the Japanese on Dec. 7, 1941, and pulling a reluctant United States into World War II—was the only to provide records to the Oversight Project’s request for public records on attempted Chinese infiltration of military bases.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2024/02/02/chinese-nationals-caught-attempting-infiltrate-pearl-harbor-military-base-records-show/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson