Author Topic: Denny’s shutters only location in Oakland after more than 54 years due to high crime  (Read 905 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Denny’s shutters only location in Oakland after more than 54 years due to high crime
By Bradford Betz, Fox News
Published Feb. 1, 2024, 3:18 a.m. ET

America’s diner may always be open, but it’s permanently closing a location that’s fed generations.

Denny’s has closed its location in Oakland, California after 54 years due to high crime in the city.

The restaurant was located at 601 Hegenberg Road. In a company memo shared with local outlets, Denny’s said the decision was not one taken lightly.

“However, the safety and well-being of Denny’s team members and value guests is our top priority,” the company said. “Weighing those factors, the decision has been made to close this location.”

The company retains a Bay Area location at 1776 Powell St. in Emeryville, California.

https://nypost.com/2024/02/01/news/dennys-shutters-only-location-in-oakland-after-more-than-54-years-due-to-high-crime/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Oakland resident says nearly all businesses are shutting down and people are struggling in Gov. Newsom’s California: “There's no way to get money, to make money, to pay bills. Everything that come here closes down.”

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1753827464105869664

https://twitter.com/WallStreetApes/status/1753605027896369485
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DB

I feel sorry for the people that live there.

If they hadn't voted for it, I'd feel sorry for them. But I'm pretty sure they mostly did. At some point you have to bear the consequences of your choices.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If they hadn't voted for it, I'd feel sorry for them. But I'm pretty sure they mostly did. At some point you have to bear the consequences of your choices.
Oakland, like most democrap majority cities have been on this path for a very long time, and I am sure that anyone that could leave by choice has. The huuuge problem is that this blight will creep into surrounding areas like the cancer it is as lowlifes move to where there are stores with goods to steal.

Online mountaineer

See also Portland, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, etc., etc., ad nauseam.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DB

Oakland, like most democrap majority cities have been on this path for a very long time, and I am sure that anyone that could leave by choice has. The huuuge problem is that this blight will creep into surrounding areas like the cancer it is as lowlifes move to where there are stores with goods to steal.

Well you know that city planners and state planners will build public mass transit so that those in these "impoverished" areas can easily travel somewhere else where there's something to steal and safely return home.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re the video in reply 1 above:

The favelas of Brazil -- now here in America!

I sense there are going to be many more than this one in the years to come.

Aside:
Exactly WHERE did the millions who have invaded across the southern border over the last three years actually GO ???

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Didn't  Oakland used to be where all the  Red Necks in Ca lived?

Wonder where they all moved to?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DB

That's a pretty broad brush you are painting with.  That's like saying all of California deserves what it's getting, when in fact northern California is quite conservative and they are having the live with what the crazies pass.  Same thing with New York State, I have friends there that are waaaay more conservative than I am.

It isn't likely many conservatives live in that area of Oakland. I lived nearly 50 years in California. I'm pretty familiar with it.

Offline DB

I had a neighbor from Compton.  Biggest baddest black guy you'd ever meet.  Just a great guy.  He drove vets to the VA, and was very very conservative and a Trump supporter.
And there are not many of him. I didn't say all.

Offline DB

I had a neighbor from Compton.  Biggest baddest black guy you'd ever meet.  Just a great guy.  He drove vets to the VA, and was very very conservative and a Trump supporter.

By the way, Alameda county has less than 11% of registered voters being Republican. I rest my case. They voted for it.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Back in the day we Translated "La Quinta" as Denny's in the parking lot.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.