Author Topic: MCTSSA DESIGNATED CORPS’ FIRST STRL, ACCELERATING FORCE MODERNIZATION  (Read 137 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MCTSSA DESIGNATED CORPS’ FIRST STRL, ACCELERATING FORCE MODERNIZATION
25 JAN 2024 | Johannes Schmidt, MCSC Office of Public Affairs and CommunicationMarine Corps Systems Command

Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, Cali. --
Marking a significant advancement towards Force Design's ambitious modernization goals, Marine Corps Tactical Systems Support Activity, or MCTSSA, has been designated as the first Science and Technology Reinvention Laboratory, or STRL, within the Marine Corps.

Created by the Department of Defense to streamline existing federal acquisition processes, STRLs are historically designated through the National Defense Authorization Act or by the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering.

Federal entities that receive such a designation are empowered with legislative authorities, including personnel flexibility, minor military construction capabilities, and discretionary funding control for their directors.

https://www.marines.mil/News/News-Display/Article/3657402/mctssa-designated-corps-first-strl-accelerating-force-modernization/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson