Author Topic: Marine Corps rated ‘strong,’ US military overall ‘weak,’ report says  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marine Corps rated ‘strong,’ US military overall ‘weak,’ report says
By Sarah Sicard
 Feb 1, 05:47 PM

Heritage Foundation report has labeled the overall military as weak. (Army)
The Heritage Foundation this week released its annual report on the “Index of U.S. Military Strength,” which the conservative Washington think tank suggested to be a less-than-ideal time for today’s troops.

The report’s findings, which, in essence, rank end-strength against national security threats, paint a picture of an aging and understaffed military.

“The Active Component of the U.S. military is two-thirds the size it should be, operates equipment that is older than it should be, and is burdened by readiness levels that are more problematic than they should be,” the report reads. “To the extent that progress has been made, it has been at the expense of both capacity and modernization.”

To narrow scope and provide accuracy, the report focused specifically on hard power — namely, the military’s dominating influence on the world stage. Overall, the study was designed to illustrate whether or not the military in its capacity in 2024 would be able to defend the country and pursue its strategic goals.

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/military-culture/2024/02/01/marine-corps-strong-while-us-military-overall-is-weak-report-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden must be proud of his many contributions to the US military weakness. 13859
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson