Author Topic: Choose your future: Trump or Obama?  (Read 7348 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Choose your future: Trump or Obama?
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2024, 03:53:45 am »
I'm quite aware that you hold that opinion and that mine greatly differs. Ain't goin around that bush again.  And for the record, I have NEVER not voted and never will for so long as I'm sucking wind.

I'm Captain Miller sitting on the bridge emptying my .45 at the advancing tank. You aren't.

I have generally voted, barring a couple times lately where medical issues intervened... Mostly, I have voted... Lately more for CP candidates thn Republicans, but I helped Zinke get in, and I will help Gianforte, as I said. Zinke was 2016 I believe... and the last full on help I gave, activating my call center and using my regional business influence ... The whole 9 yards. That was front lines.

The difference is I don't have a big 'R' on my patch. and because of that, can treat yours exactly as I do theirs. I'm a Conservative, not a Republican. And the enemy is not Democrats per se, but rather, liberals of any stripe.

So enjoy your forward action. Just make sure you don't shoot yourself in the foot. You've nothing to fear from me, back in the sticks with a 300 win mag... I KNOW you ain't liberal. But many others are.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2024, 03:57:31 am »
@roamer_1

ROFLMAO!

Surrendering without a fight is now  deemed to be a "plan  that works to create positive change"?

What  color  is the sky on your home planet?

Who is surrendering, me or you? I am still standing on the Principles of Conservatism, and will NOT move one damn inch for anybody.

I fight like hell. Just not for you. @sneakypete

You want my help, support Conservatives. Otherwise, you don't get it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2024, 04:00:28 am »
No! You are not on my ignore list @DB I just don't see how quitting, or refusing to vote, is anything but surrender.  I've lived in a time when I have always been swimming upstream politically but swim I will!

QUITTING? Who's quitting?

I will vote in a NY Minute for ANY Conservative.
I will no longer vote for anything else.
Especially not a NYC Liberal whose record is atrocious.

That ain't quitting.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2024, 04:09:27 am »
Who is the greater demon?
Big government on the left, or
Big government on the right?

Answer:
They're the same damn demon.

How do you fight it without Conservatives on the right?

Answer:
You don't.
You capitulate instead, just like Republicans are doing RIGHT NOW on the border in the senate.

And you want me to vote for more of that?

HELL NO.

Clean your damn house, and start insisting on Conservatives.
Settle for nothing less, or you will get less... ad less.

When y'all get that done, we'll talk.

Online DB

« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2024, 04:11:31 am »
No! You are not on my ignore list @DB I just don't see how quitting, or refusing to vote, is anything but surrender.  I've lived in a time when I have always been swimming upstream politically but swim I will!

First, I'm glad I'm not on your ignore list. I respect you more than you know. I'm not quitting. I just have come to the conclusion that the path of voting for the lesser evil to the point of picking which poison to take is not a winning strategy. That instead of owning my vote because they offer a little less evil than the other party that they should instead have to earn my vote. And they won't do that until enough people force them to earn their vote too. It is a self reenforcing trap as long as you let them do it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2024, 04:13:49 am »
QUITTING? Who's quitting?

I will vote in a NY Minute for ANY Conservative.
I will no longer vote for anything else.
Especially not a NYC Liberal whose record is atrocious.

That ain't quitting.

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:53:34 am »
Listen to the fear in this article.
Not enough to make it a Tumpy v. Buydem choice...

Me, there is no choice. Same damn thing.
I will vote down-ticket and eschew the top altogether.
My gov will get my vote.
Dunno yet if I will give Gaines the nod again. Probably not.
Yes to Rosendale, if I have a shot.

And nothing on the top of the ticket.

So did you write that or not? @roamer_1
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2024, 04:15:43 am »
To put it another way, in high stakes negotiations you have to be willing to walk away from the table in order to avoid a losing deal and/or force the other side to rethink their offer.

The only leverage I have is my vote. If they own it, I have no leverage at all.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 04:20:46 am by DB »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2024, 04:20:44 am »
So did you write that or not? @roamer_1

Sure I did. Note that I said I would vote down-ticket, consistent with my position of voting ONLY for Conservatives.

That ain't quitting.
Which brings me to the next point of rancor...

I see big government as the enemy.
Explain to me how voting *FOR* that which I abhor gets me small government?
It hasn't in fifty years or more. Why believe in that bullshit now?

NO. I will not buy into the big Rhinestone R. Never again. Especially with a NYC liberal dressed as a conservative leading the parade. HELL NO.

That's not quitting. All you have to do is give me something worth voting for.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2024, 04:21:09 am »
First, I'm glad I'm not on your ignore list. I respect you more than you know. I'm not quitting. I just have come to the conclusion that the path of voting for the lesser evil to the point of picking which poison to take is not a winning strategy. That instead of owning my vote because they offer a little less evil than the other party that they should instead have to earn my vote. And they won't do that until enough people force them to earn their vote too. It is a self reenforcing trap as long as you let them do it.

I have repeatedly explained myself as best I can @DB and the respect is mutual. I see us in much the same position that George Washington was all those years ago, fighting one holding action after another until the opportunity for real victory presented itself. And he did that with the army he had! not the one he wished he had.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2024, 04:25:36 am »

I have repeatedly explained myself as best I can @DB and the respect is mutual. I see us in much the same position that George Washington was all those years ago, fighting one holding action after another until the opportunity for real victory presented itself. And he did that with the army he had! not the one he wished he had.

You'll never see the day. They all get DeSantis'd. They all get stripped out by MurderTurdle. Every which way, your party is against you. They will continue to stifle Conservatives as long as you let them...

By continuing to vote them into power.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2024, 05:39:05 am »
LMAO...
And there really isn't a conservative case you can make when it comes to Trump.

Now, this comment is just not true at all.  Yes, it can be said Trump is NOT conservative on everything, but he did do things that most conservatives support.

Trump did appoint three mostly conservative judges to the Supreme Court.  Remember, you could have dumb clucks like Merrick Garland sitting there making decisions!  At least his picks are a damn sight more conservative than that POS Bush appointee, John worthless Roberts!!  And this body of Supremes did REVERSE ROE VS WADE, while not eliminating abortion, it returned that decision to the states.

Trump implemented policies to greatly reduce the flow of illegal invading aliens into the USA.  He built 240 miles of wall, with NO SUPPORT from a worthless Congress, even when they had a Republican majority.  He did not complete the wall, but he tried.  He failed on this promise, but it was all of Congress that assisted with that fail!!!

He reduced regulations in the USA, which has been a conservative notion for decades.

He reduced federal income taxes in the USA across the board.  Again another conservative notion.

He was successful with his efforts to bring some semblance of peace to the Middle East, not necessarily a conservative notion, but I applaud his efforts there.

And whether you agree with him or not, he imposed tariffs on China, and used some of that money to help farmers in the USA.  Again, I can't find anything wrong here.  He renegotiated NAFTA and other trade agreements where the USA was getting the short end of the stick, and that is more conservative than most conservative, which spout free trade, and all we end up with is anything that resembles something other than FAIR TRADE.  Screw free trade if it means the USA gets the short end of the stick.

He was the first POTUS to tell the worthless allies in Europe to start paying your FAIR SHARE for NATO.  I say that is more conservative than any conservative prior to him EVER UTTERED!!!!

Does Trump come with a huge host of rough edges?  HELL YES!!!  He is obnoxious, that is a given.  Ignorant as often as he is diplomatic.  True enough.

And for me, a white collar person who believed he would end the H1-b Visa Program, who felt betrayed when he met with the tech billionaire oligarchs in the USA and INCREASED THE NUMBER OF H1-B VISA RECIPIENTS MONTHS INTO HIS PRESIDENCY, well that was an aw-shit that wiped out all his atta boys for me for 3.5 years.

BUT...............

Huge BUT, are you willing to return a communist to the position of POTUS, regardless as to whether it is Wrecking Ball Joe, Big Mike, or the idiot governors of California, Michigan, or Illinois?  Really???!!!!

Trump would not have been my candidate in the primary, but the primary is over.  My guy FAILED to point out the problem with Trump which I thought was a stupid and weak approach to dealing with him. 

For all the reasons of his past efforts to accomplish conservative goals, I WILL VOTE FOR TRUMP.  I think he will once again be alone, and have next to zero support from the supposed Republican conservatives in Congress.  Everything will be done with Executive Orders.  But I would rather have him signing EOs than a communist puppet like Wrecking Ball Joe!!!!

THE REAL QUESTION EVERYONE HERE NEEDS TO ASK THEMSELVES IS:

WHERE WILL THIS COUNTRY BE AFTER FOUR MORE YEARS OF WRECKING BALL JOE, OR PERHAPS WORSE BIG MIKE?  NOT ONE DAMN THING GOOD WILL COME OF HAVING EITHER OF THESE CLOWNS AS POTUS.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 05:45:26 am by jafo2010 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2024, 05:50:28 am »
Now, this comment is just not true at all.  Yes, it can be said Trump is NOT conservative on everything, but he did do things that most conservatives support.

Trump did appoint three mostly conservative judges to the Supreme Court.  Remember, you could have dumb clucks like Merrick Garland sitting there making decisions!  At least his picks are a damn sight more conservative than that POS Bush appointee, John worthless Roberts!!  And this body of Supremes did REVERSE ROE VS WADE, while not eliminating abortion, it returned that decision to the states.

Trump implemented policies to greatly reduce the flow of illegal invading aliens into the USA.  He built 240 miles of wall, with NO SUPPORT from a worthless Congress, even when they had a Republican majority.  He did not complete the wall, but he tried.  He failed on this promise, but it was all of Congress that assisted with that fail!!!

He reduced regulations in the USA, which has been a conservative notion for decades.

He reduced federal income taxes in the USA across the board.  Again another conservative notion.

He was successful with his efforts to bring some semblance of peace to the Middle East, not necessarily a conservative notion, but I applaud his efforts there.

And whether you agree with him or not, he imposed tariffs on China, and used some of that money to help farmers in the USA.  Again, I can't find anything wrong here.  He renegotiated NAFTA and other trade agreements where the USA was getting the short end of the stick, and that is more conservative than most conservative, which spout free trade, and all we end up with is anything that resembles something other than FAIR TRADE.  Screw free trade if it means the USA gets the short end of the stick.

He was the first POTUS to tell the worthless allies in Europe to start paying your FAIR SHARE for NATO.  I say that is more conservative than any conservative prior to him EVER UTTERED!!!!

Does Trump come with a huge host of rough edges?  HELL YES!!!  He is obnoxious, that is a given.  Ignorant as often as he is diplomatic.  True enough.

And for me, a white collar person who believed he would end the H1-b Visa Program, who felt betrayed when he met with the tech billionaire oligarchs in the USA and INCREASED THE NUMBER OF H1-B VISA RECIPIENTS MONTHS INTO HIS PRESIDENCY, well that was an aw-shit that wiped out all his atta boys for me for 3.5 years.

BUT...............

Huge BUT, are you willing to return a communist to the position of POTUS, regardless as to whether it is Wrecking Ball Joe, Big Mike, or the idiot governors of California, Michigan, or Illinois?  Really???!!!!

Trump would not have been my candidate in the primary, but the primary is over.  My guy FAILED to point out the problem with Trump which I thought was a stupid and weak approach to dealing with him. 

For all the reasons of his past efforts to accomplish conservative goals, I WILL VOTE FOR TRUMP.  I think he will once again be alone, and have next to zero support from the supposed Republican conservatives in Congress.  Everything will be done with Executive Orders.  But I would rather have him signing EOs than a communist puppet like Wrecking Ball Joe!!!!

WHERE WILL THIS COUNTRY BE AFTER FOUR MORE YEARS OF WRECKING BALL JOE, OR PERHAPS WORSE BIG MIKE?  NOT ONE DAMN THING GOOD WILL COME OF HAVING EITHER OF THESE CLOWNS AS POTUS.

@jafo2010

A valiant effort,but you  are wasting your time.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2024, 06:14:33 am »
Back in the day, I was one of those folks that voted for Ross Perot, TWICE, because I wanted someone who was going to take action on what I saw as MY BEHALF.  He often complained of gridlock, but fact is, if he had been elected, he would have had some of the worst gridlock ever.  Neither party would have supported him then.  It would have been a similar experience to what Trump underwent.

No voting is FOOLISH!!!!  Voting for a 3rd party candidate is a wasted vote.  Back when I did it, I believed the only way a 3rd party gains any prominence is if people consistently vote 3rd party and the numbers grow to victory one day.  But the UGLY TRUTH is that the system is rigged by the Dems and the GOP to remain a two party system.  That is the UGLY TRUTH!

And voting for Gary Johnson, a 3rd party candidate that if he was lucky would get 1 %?  PLEASE!!!!!!!! 

You have heard me say it often, I believe our republic is gone.  I believe 2024 will be fixed if necessary.  They will not start playing with the ones and zeroes until the moment appears they are losing.  Then, there will be half a dozen to a dozen states that will stop counting, and 12 hours later, the commie Dem candidate will have narrow margins in those states, exactly like 2020. 

Complaints will once again fall on deaf ears, and the Supreme Court will once again bury their heads and NOT get involved, and we will put a few more nails in the coffin of the republic, and dig a few feet deeper for it to never return.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2024, 06:34:35 am »

BUT...............

REALLY? THAT's supposed to sanction the greatest cost in liberty and treasure ever in our history, and secure even MORE with our endorsement?

That's just nuts. You're right. As long as y'all can justify that, this country is over with. NEITHER side will mind the store, and then it is just a matter of time.

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2024, 06:36:21 am »
It's been JUST A MATTER OF TIME FOR 30 YEARS!!!

Like a severe alcoholic, we will need to experience that near death moment to wake up as a society to right the many wrongs.  And I believe it is more likely the tsunami hits, and a large segment of the USA disappears in one year, as will be true for the rest of the world, which will make the Bill Gates of the world dancing in the street.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 06:40:04 am by jafo2010 »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2024, 06:37:40 am »

BUT...............

You are correct on the judges and Trump was much better on the border than Biden. I’m not in disagreement with everything Trump did.

His tariffs, on the other hand, actually cost the economy. And the aid to farmers was because they were negatively impacted by his policy. Bailout are not a conservative position. in fact, it was the George W. Bush bailouts that made many of us leave the Republican Party. Trump actually bragged about having to bail out the farmers.

Trump did not inherit a recession, or an economy crashing. he inherited a stable economy with relatively low inflation. But when a crisis hit, COVID-19, his presidency fell apart. And how he handled that crisis was an indication how he would handle any other crisis. He was right in restricting travel from China, and I agreed with him on that.

But when he started getting any criticism, he turned the economy over to the likes of Anthony Fauci who recommended basically shutting down the country with no pushback from Trump. Trillions of dollars were printed and pushed out in the economy laying the groundwork for the inflation we are experiencing today. And he fought congressional Republicans who wanted to try to at least reign some of that in and sided with the Democrats on Covid spending. He was critical of Republican governors that he felt open their states too early, and even was critical of the Swedish model in their way of dealing with Covid.

Every indication from Trump’s first term suggest that in any emergency, his answer will be to print, borrow,bailout, and spend. I remember a day when conservatives vehemently opposed the expansion of the federal government.

But I look at what he’s running on right now. Retribution, more spending, more tariffs, and further expansion of the federal government.  We are on a very unsustainable path. And although Trump doesn’t get all the blame, he was a good part of putting us on that path. And I can’t even say for sure that Trump would put us on that path any faster or slower than Biden.

What people decide to do their vote is their business, and I’m not gonna be critical of you because you’ve decided to vote for Donald Trump.  But, again, I’m choosing differently

BTW, good post
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 06:52:54 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2024, 06:46:12 am »
It's been JUST A MATTER OF TIME FOR 30 YEARS!!!

Like a severe alcoholic, we will need to experience that near death moment to wake up as a society to right the many wrongs.  And I believe it is more likely the tsunami hits, and a large segment of the USA disappears in one year, as will be true for the rest of the world, which will make the Bill Gates of the world dancing in the street.

You’re right

And we’re so deep in the hole hole it probably doesn’t matter who becomes president as both Biden, and Trump,  have the same fiscal and monetary policy

Biden once made the comment as vice president that we have to spend money to keep from going bankrupt and Donald Trump once said that we can print our way out of a default

Neither candidate bodes very well for our future
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2024, 06:52:09 am »
LMAO,

I basically agree with what you said regarding Trump, and his FAILURE in regard to COVID.

BUT....

Another huge BUT, it was Biden who had a year to formulate a mindset without being on the line for his decisions, and when he took office, what did he do, he made the COVID vaccine MANDATORY for government employees, which opened up the floodgate for corporations to do the same.  And long after the pandemic was beginning to settle, Biden spent far greater amounts of money when it was NOT needed, which had a workforce chosing to stay home and collect a government check versus returning to the workforce.

Again, I agree Trump made bad decisions, BUT Biden with the benefit of time, made even worse decisions.

FACT IS, no 3rd party candidate will get more than a couple percent of the vote.

It could be argued that many of the past presidents had some element of evil in their being.  This is not a choice between lesser evils, this is a choice between a communist, and a man that does some things conservative, and actually could do things that benefit the American people. 

Closing the border or reducing the flow of INVADERS will benefit Americans.  Wrecking Ball Joe just got the Republican House majority to agree to allowing 5,000 INVADERS cross our border daily.  Please?  You want more of that sh*t????????????????????????

Online roamer_1

« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2024, 09:44:39 am »
Again, I agree Trump made bad decisions, BUT Biden with the benefit of time, made even worse decisions.

Agreed. One you have no control over, the other you do.

Do you REALLY want to endorse the huge mistakes that cost so much in liberty and treasure... To approve of and vote *FOR* more of that?

I will not reward such ineptitude with another term. We quite simply cannot afford it.

He gave y'all nothing. Nothing. And all it cost was 20 trillion bucks and who knows how many deaths and destroyed businesses...

Y'all are too used to being satisfied with nothing.

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2024, 11:51:20 am »
Satisfied?  Heck, if you read MY POSTS, I am anything but satisfied.  If I had the money, I would run for Congress and try to get elected and make a difference.  I got elected once to a local position, where I made a huge difference for my community.  But at the federal level, it takes hundreds of thousands if not millions to get elected.  I do not have that kind of wealth.

I remember like it was yesterday when in 1995, Jamie Whitten, a House member from Mississippi, having served 53 + years retired from Congress, and I said, never heard of the man.  Believe me, if I served 10 years in Congress, I would be a household name.  There is so much that needs to be done, and this Congress and the Congress for the last 50 years have done little to nothing but be self serving, and ignored the American people.  Now, they support ILLEGAL INVADING ALIENS VOTING!!!!!!!!  This criminal travesty should NOT be tolerated for a second, let alone be permitted in many of these Democommie controlled areas of our nation.  I think the time has come at the federal level to prohibit the voting by anyone NOT a citizen of the USA.  Criminal nonsense of the highest level.

And it is time to rebirth the Republican Party, once again restoring it to its conservative roots, with a list of items they place as imperative for the republic to continue, and set that list to gain voting majorities in both houses of Congress.  The list should include, but not be limited to:

1.  TERM LIMITS.  12 YEARS AND OUT.  NO GOLDEN PARACHUTE.  A RETIREMENT PROGRAM LIKE ANY 401K THAT PROVIDES A MATCH FOR EVERY DOLLAR INVESTED BY THE ELECTED OFFICIAL.  NO SPECIAL HEALTHCARE OR PENSION FOR LIFE AFTER FIVE STINKING YEARS.  NONSENSE!!!

2.  MANDATORY BALANCED BUDGETS, WITH THE SOLE EXCEPTION BY WHEN CONGRESS DECLARES WAR.  That hasn't happened since December, 1941!!!

3.  CLOSED BORDERS TO INVADERS.  Enough of the idiocy.  We do not need 100 more judges, thousands more on the
     border.  We need an impenetrable wall, and a closed border.  You want to come  here as a refugee, the ONLY AVENUE is
     via application within a US embassy.  PERIOD!!!  Save hundreds of billions in taxpayer money every year.

4.  IMPORTANT TO MAKE HUMAN TRAFFICKING A CAPITAL CRIME.  Slavery is alive and well in the USA, and the Biden
     Idiocracy in particular is fostering this industry in a huge way. 

Also, make the theft of $100,000 or greater a capital crime.  (or pick a number)  The abuse in the USA is insane.  They
     used to hang folks for stealing a loaf of bread.   In a country with nearly 350 million people, get rid of the worst
     criminals.  Enough of the nonsense.

Also make election fixing on the federal level a capital crime if beyond a certain scale. 

5.  Foreign aid for foreign nations requires 2/3rds majority of Congress to approve.  Every dollar spent overseas is money out
     of the pocket of taxpayers.

6.  Develop an approach to make Social Security fully solvent for an indefinite period.  Only way I know to do that is begin
     individual accounts.  Graduate it so those that invested in the current approach do not lose out.  Begin with taxing one
     percent, index it up by one half of one percent per year until reaching 15%.  Begin reducing taxation of the current
     formula five years from now, reducing it by one half of one percent per year, and that should greatly help with the
     transition.  Dollars put in the account can be put into a wide array of investment vehicles, i.e. mutual funds, etc., and
     cannot be touched until retirement.  One can put into conservative vehicles, and still do better than the current program
     of Social Security, which returns about 1 % on one's investment.  Long overdue for a fix here.  Robert Dole ran for POTUS
     claiming he and Congress fixed SSI, when that was a total lie.  Gave us one of the highest tax increases ever, sure, but
     fix SSI and Medicare?  BULLSH*T!!!

7.  Redefine what is required to be a citizen of the USA.  Being born here is NOT enough.  MANDATORY, to be a citizen, you
     must have one parent born in the USA. No more folks flying in from China and the four corners of the world, pregnant,
     and giving birth here making their child a USA citizen.  NONSENSE!!!  No more illegal invading aliens coming here,
     birthing, and claiming to stay because their child is a USA citizen.  NONSENSE!!!

8.  New requirements to be POTUS and VPOTUS.  Being the attained age of 35 and born in the USA is NOT enough.  Age 35
     was the average life expectancy when the country was founded.  There is NOT a living breathing American age 35 I
     would vote to be POTUS.  Time to change that.  And I say must be born to at least one if not both parents who also were     
     born in the USA.

And that goes for members of Congress too.  No more Ilhan Omars, who supposedly came to the USA illegally, becoming
     a member of Congress.  That traitor just swore allegiance to Somalia.  BULLSH*T!!!!!

9.  And any other logical change needed.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 11:58:37 am by jafo2010 »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2024, 02:31:43 pm »
You'll never see the day. They all get DeSantis'd. They all get stripped out by MurderTurdle. Every which way, your party is against you. They will continue to stifle Conservatives as long as you let them...

By continuing to vote them into power.

I don't have a party! At least not on the national level. I'll find out for sure if I still have one at the state level after March 5th. I help people I know and respect only. Not one thin dime goes to "the party"!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2024, 02:34:53 pm »
I don't have a party! At least not on the national level. I'll find out for sure if I still have one at the state level after March 5th. I help people I know and respect only. Not one thin dime goes to "the party"!

I don't either. And the state I moved to seems to be rapidly slipping away too. I'm happy to vote for Andy Biggs, but that's all I got currently.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2024, 02:35:55 pm »
Back in the day, I was one of those folks that voted for Ross Perot, TWICE, because I wanted someone who was going to take action on what I saw as MY BEHALF.  He often complained of gridlock, but fact is, if he had been elected, he would have had some of the worst gridlock ever.  Neither party would have supported him then.  It would have been a similar experience to what Trump underwent.

No voting is FOOLISH!!!!  Voting for a 3rd party candidate is a wasted vote.  Back when I did it, I believed the only way a 3rd party gains any prominence is if people consistently vote 3rd party and the numbers grow to victory one day.  But the UGLY TRUTH is that the system is rigged by the Dems and the GOP to remain a two party system.  That is the UGLY TRUTH!

And voting for Gary Johnson, a 3rd party candidate that if he was lucky would get 1 %?  PLEASE!!!!!!!! 

You have heard me say it often, I believe our republic is gone.  I believe 2024 will be fixed if necessary.  They will not start playing with the ones and zeroes until the moment appears they are losing.  Then, there will be half a dozen to a dozen states that will stop counting, and 12 hours later, the commie Dem candidate will have narrow margins in those states, exactly like 2020. 

Complaints will once again fall on deaf ears, and the Supreme Court will once again bury their heads and NOT get involved, and we will put a few more nails in the coffin of the republic, and dig a few feet deeper for it to never return.

I'm right there with you on all points @jafo2010 except that my guy, and former neighbor, was Ron Paul.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2024, 02:38:38 pm »
You’re right

And we’re so deep in the hole hole it probably doesn’t matter who becomes president as both Biden, and Trump,  have the same fiscal and monetary policy

Biden once made the comment as vice president that we have to spend money to keep from going bankrupt and Donald Trump once said that we can print our way out of a default

Neither candidate bodes very well for our future

Unless SCOTUS actually does overturn Chevron. If that happens it's a brand new ball game.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2024, 02:41:19 pm »
Satisfied?  Heck, if you read MY POSTS, I am anything but satisfied.  If I had the money, I would run for Congress and try to get elected and make a difference.  I got elected once to a local position, where I made a huge difference for my community.  But at the federal level, it takes hundreds of thousands if not millions to get elected.  I do not have that kind of wealth.

I remember like it was yesterday when in 1995, Jamie Whitten, a House member from Mississippi, having served 53 + years retired from Congress, and I said, never heard of the man.  Believe me, if I served 10 years in Congress, I would be a household name.  There is so much that needs to be done, and this Congress and the Congress for the last 50 years have done little to nothing but be self serving, and ignored the American people.  Now, they support ILLEGAL INVADING ALIENS VOTING!!!!!!!!  This criminal travesty should NOT be tolerated for a second, let alone be permitted in many of these Democommie controlled areas of our nation.  I think the time has come at the federal level to prohibit the voting by anyone NOT a citizen of the USA.  Criminal nonsense of the highest level.

And it is time to rebirth the Republican Party, once again restoring it to its conservative roots, with a list of items they place as imperative for the republic to continue, and set that list to gain voting majorities in both houses of Congress.  The list should include, but not be limited to:

1.  TERM LIMITS.  12 YEARS AND OUT.  NO GOLDEN PARACHUTE.  A RETIREMENT PROGRAM LIKE ANY 401K THAT PROVIDES A MATCH FOR EVERY DOLLAR INVESTED BY THE ELECTED OFFICIAL.  NO SPECIAL HEALTHCARE OR PENSION FOR LIFE AFTER FIVE STINKING YEARS.  NONSENSE!!!

2.  MANDATORY BALANCED BUDGETS, WITH THE SOLE EXCEPTION BY WHEN CONGRESS DECLARES WAR.  That hasn't happened since December, 1941!!!

3.  CLOSED BORDERS TO INVADERS.  Enough of the idiocy.  We do not need 100 more judges, thousands more on the
     border.  We need an impenetrable wall, and a closed border.  You want to come  here as a refugee, the ONLY AVENUE is
     via application within a US embassy.  PERIOD!!!  Save hundreds of billions in taxpayer money every year.

4.  IMPORTANT TO MAKE HUMAN TRAFFICKING A CAPITAL CRIME.  Slavery is alive and well in the USA, and the Biden
     Idiocracy in particular is fostering this industry in a huge way. 

Also, make the theft of $100,000 or greater a capital crime.  (or pick a number)  The abuse in the USA is insane.  They
     used to hang folks for stealing a loaf of bread.   In a country with nearly 350 million people, get rid of the worst
     criminals.  Enough of the nonsense.

Also make election fixing on the federal level a capital crime if beyond a certain scale. 

5.  Foreign aid for foreign nations requires 2/3rds majority of Congress to approve.  Every dollar spent overseas is money out
     of the pocket of taxpayers.

6.  Develop an approach to make Social Security fully solvent for an indefinite period.  Only way I know to do that is begin
     individual accounts.  Graduate it so those that invested in the current approach do not lose out.  Begin with taxing one
     percent, index it up by one half of one percent per year until reaching 15%.  Begin reducing taxation of the current
     formula five years from now, reducing it by one half of one percent per year, and that should greatly help with the
     transition.  Dollars put in the account can be put into a wide array of investment vehicles, i.e. mutual funds, etc., and
     cannot be touched until retirement.  One can put into conservative vehicles, and still do better than the current program
     of Social Security, which returns about 1 % on one's investment.  Long overdue for a fix here.  Robert Dole ran for POTUS
     claiming he and Congress fixed SSI, when that was a total lie.  Gave us one of the highest tax increases ever, sure, but
     fix SSI and Medicare?  BULLSH*T!!!

7.  Redefine what is required to be a citizen of the USA.  Being born here is NOT enough.  MANDATORY, to be a citizen, you
     must have one parent born in the USA. No more folks flying in from China and the four corners of the world, pregnant,
     and giving birth here making their child a USA citizen.  NONSENSE!!!  No more illegal invading aliens coming here,
     birthing, and claiming to stay because their child is a USA citizen.  NONSENSE!!!

8.  New requirements to be POTUS and VPOTUS.  Being the attained age of 35 and born in the USA is NOT enough.  Age 35
     was the average life expectancy when the country was founded.  There is NOT a living breathing American age 35 I
     would vote to be POTUS.  Time to change that.  And I say must be born to at least one if not both parents who also were     
     born in the USA.

And that goes for members of Congress too.  No more Ilhan Omars, who supposedly came to the USA illegally, becoming
     a member of Congress.  That traitor just swore allegiance to Somalia.  BULLSH*T!!!!!

9.  And any other logical change needed.

Yet another one outta the park @jafo2010888high58888

- J. R. R. Tolkien