Author Topic: Biden takes aim at grocery stores for 'ripping people off' amid continued high prices: 'Played for s  (Read 968 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden takes aim at grocery stores for 'ripping people off' amid continued high prices: 'Played for suckers'
President Biden said that Americans are tired for being 'played for suckers' by grocery stores
 By Sarah Rumpf-Whitten Fox News
Published February 2, 2024 12:50am EST

President Joe Biden took aim at grocery stores, blaming them for "ripping people off" with high pricing amid the continued inflation blame game.

President Biden's remarks came during a speech at the South Carolina’s First in the Nation Dinner in Columbia, South Carolina.

"Inflation is coming down.  It’s now lower in America than any other major economy in the world," Biden said. "The cost of eggs, milk, chicken, gas, and so many other essential items have come down."

"But for all we’ve done to bring prices down, there are still too many corporations in America ripping people off: price gouging, junk fees, greedflation, shrinkflation," the president continued.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/biden-takes-aim-grocery-stores-ripping-people-off-amid-continued-high-prices-played-suckers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Mommy, what's an example of disingenuousness?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Has anyone tallied up what the White House spends on groceries per day?

I wonder how many of us could eat well for a month on that?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
As we are reminded frequently, politicians don't have a clue how the private sector works. Either that or they don't give a rat's tush. I'm not a big-government person, but I would be 100% for some kind of legislation requiring a candidate for office to have X number of years in the private sector before being allowed to run for office. The higher the office, the longer the required years in private industry. For POTUS, 15 years is reasonable to me, but I'd settle for 12. I'd prefer that they be a business owner, but I'd settle for someone who was instrumental in the day-to-day machinations of what it takes to make a business successful.

Who remembers when George McGovern got shocked into reality after he left office? Why don't we bring up this talking point more during political discussions?

https://fee.org/articles/what-george-mcgovern-learned-from-running-his-own-business/

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This is directly in-line with the standard dictator playbook. First, they destroy the economy inflation exactly as Biden has done. Then inevitably, once they see the results of their foolish policies, they force price controls exactly as Biden is trying to do which leads to shortages and a robust black-market.

Biden and his gang of idiots are way too STUPID to know this, but they are following step by step exactly all of the policies of every disastrous dictatorship in history.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
My kids would have asked 'mommy, what's an example of a lying sack of Shiite?'

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Has anyone tallied up what the White House spends on groceries per day?

I wonder how many of us could eat well for a month on that?
Hell we could eat for a month on what Pelosi spends on ice cream in a week **nononono*

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Sticky inflation is a direct result of Biden's War Against American Energy.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

This is directly in-line with the standard dictator playbook. First, they destroy the economy inflation exactly as Biden has done. Then inevitably, once they see the results of their foolish policies, they force price controls exactly as Biden is trying to do which leads to shortages and a robust black-market.

Biden and his gang of idiots are way too STUPID to know this, but they are following step by step exactly all of the policies of every disastrous dictatorship in history.

Before price controls, totalitarian governments blame the businesses for their failures

Stalin blamed industrialist for not meeting his ridiculous quotas. Hugo Chavez was notorious for blaming business and rich people for inflation in his country.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Hey Joe, time for a wage and price freeze don'tcha think.  You know that thing Nixon did when you 1st came into congress.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Sticky inflation is a direct result of Biden's War Against American Energy.
True.
But combine Biden's/Obama war on American domestic energy of any kind, with that crazy old dingbat Yellen melting down the presses printing as many dollars as possible before Trump is elected, and you have the perfect formula to bring down any economy, including America. That is exactly where Biden/Obama is steering all of us.

This scenario has happened countless times throughout history all over the world. It happens frequently in Africa and South America. <- these are countries which produce million unit bills for currency

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

Hey Joe, time for a wage and price freeze don'tcha think.  You know that thing Nixon did when you 1st came into congress.

It’s unlikely it’ll get to that

He’ll just keep demonizing oil companies, grocery store owners, business owners, people  who work for a living,ect ect
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

True.
But combine Biden's/Obama war on American domestic energy of any kind, with that crazy old dingbat Yellen melting down the presses printing as many dollars as possible before Trump is elected, and you have the perfect formula to bring down any economy, including America. That is exactly where Biden/Obama is steering all of us.

This scenario has happened countless times throughout history all over the world. It happens frequently in Africa and South America. <- these are countries which produce million unit bills for currency

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline cato potatoe

Maybe not in this case.  He's pretty dense.

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
The literal definition of "Pass the Buck".   Just when you thought the Biden Admin. couldn't get any lower...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Hell we could eat for a month on what Pelosi spends on ice cream in a week **nononono*
For the price of one of her fancy freezers and contents, I could live for a year.

That isn't 'class envy' (I know poorer folks who have a lot more class than Nancy), it's just a comment on the divide between the attitudes of those who would consider themselves our rulers and the people they are supposed to be serving.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

For the price of one of her fancy freezers and contents, I could live for a year.

That isn't 'class envy' (I know poorer folks who have a lot more class than Nancy), it's just a comment on the divide between the attitudes of those who would consider themselves our rulers and the people they are supposed to be serving.

Inflation doesn’t impact our so-called rulers. So they don’t understand what the problem is. They have the same attitude when it comes to crime.

Barry Goldwater